His interview boils down to some simple facts:

• consistent excellence at every level of the club, in every department
  • on and off the pitch we are best in class
  • we are the most valuable sporting brand in the world
  • the fans have made the Etihad a fortress in the CL
  • he sees that we can be even better
  • he can't talk about the charges but he will when its over
  • he respects Ilke decision if he decides not to renew
that was about it. All delivered in that urbane, corporate slick style we have grown to love.
Plus he mentions numerous times about our players being humble & hungry to learn

Was nothing really interesting, usual handshakes all around. Haaland told him in his first convo that he'd win the CL.

Two things stood out to me:

He looked genuinely angry when talking about the charges and said he'd love to share his strong feelings but can't due
to legals but will one day.

In what I'm sure was not a coincidence, after talking about the charges, he then said that many top clubs are chasing/poaching City executives. The underlying/implied point being the same clubs accusing City of fraud think their executives are world class and want to employ them.
Good spot.

Regarding the 115 charges, if we had fouled up somewhere, that was the ideal time to say so IMHO, and any likely punishment.

He's certainly not smug, but very satisfied we're heading in the right direction.

I think we should be buoyant/upbeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.