Khaldoons End of Season Interview

His sons really celebrated the goal so the whole family must have been overjoyed. They will have appreciated it.

The Sheikh’s wife used to love the Pellegrini / Lamborghini song so the whole family must love the Sheikh Mansour chant
HH goes to the Monte Carlo Club on Saadiyat Beach with his sons mates and entourage at weekends.

Sounds implausible but he and they are just like a normal group of guys joshing around.

His sons are usually in City gear and go off playing football on the beach.

HH goes to the Monte Carlo Club on Saadiyat Beach with his sons mates and entourage at weekends.

Sounds implausible but he and they are just like a normal group of guys joshing around.

Thanks for the info.

Is that where His Holiness did his training to keep that scarf on for a whole 100 minutes in that heat during the final.
Perhaps Khaldoon should have been asked was it one of the scarves from the members pack given for free when he signed up and,as a Johnny Come Lately wouldn’t he have been better wearing a half and half scarf.

In all of the reading that I do about UAE politics and the people involved in it, "patience" and "long memories" are definitely two of the phrases I'd use to describe how they work. They don't rush in but they always pay people back. Even if it takes a generation.

This year, the Al Maktoum family are beginning to pay the price for the financial embarrassment they caused the Emirates on the world stage in 2009. That was 14 years ago and they only just are now feeling the squeeze as the Al Nahyan's were waiting for the right time to move politically. That's some sheer bloodymindedness.

We might not see the repayment until 2050, but they won't forget, I'll guarantee you that.

I wonder how this sits when Sheikh Mansour gets the Mrs and the kids into the chopper and they pop over to Dubai to visit the in-laws for a bite to eat and family chat :)

Serious point is the 2 families are still very clsoely connected.

Commitment to the Womens team. Let’s see. Giving Gareth Taylor another year is an error of judgement. The £400,000 transfer money from Keira Walsh should be invested in young talent. Our womens academy are clearly absolute rubbish and we should be signing the best players from other academy teams. Astonishing that we ever got Lauren Hemp and Chloe Kelly. With Taylor in charge it will probably be their last season as City players.
The Womens team is the glaringly obvious weak link in the City Football Group structure. Hopefully Lulu Al Mubarak can convince her father to get this sorted.
It makes her wanna shout

I think it was quite telling that he DID NOT say that we are innocent of all charges and that we will be fully vindicated through the legal process. Why did he NOT say that, I wonder?

I can think of three reasons.

1. Our lawyers have told him to say nothing. There's nothing to be read into it, it's just a good policy to say nothing in case anything you do say may be taken out of context or even damage your case in some way, so silence is the safe option. Quite possible, IMO.

2. He's aware of developments in the case which he cannot comment upon, such as we're reaching agreement to get all serious charges dropped provided we agree to a slapped wrist for trivial non-compliance such as not providing required documentation? Again, possible, IMO.

3. He knows we're in a tight spot and doesn't want to look like a prat by telling everyone we're completely innocent only to be found guilty on some counts later. And OBVIOUSLY he can't say well we're probably guilty on some counts. So he has to say nothing.

I really do not know how to read it, but I do think his silence on the matter is significant. I am inclined to think (2) above, if I had to pick.
Least said, soonest mended.

We should have statues lining both sides of Ashton New Road into town
As recognition of our squads' achivements we could name some of the trams after our players.
Now that would really get in the heads of those down Trafford, Sale, Altrincham way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.