Kia on SSN now.

tevezncook.png

TripleTaz said:
bit of respect 4 mecca, its the most holy place for muslims

Couple of things.... shouldn't it be Mecca (with a capital M) if it is sooooo very important?

And City is far more important to me than any religion.

Also, Mecca (the word/place) is now synomynous, with being a place of generic pilgrimage so a place of great importance.

Such as Ibiza is a dance music lovers (bag heads) Mecca, The swamp is a mecca for Asian tourists etc.

Don't take everything so bloody serious.

City is the most holy place for City fans.

IT'S GOD'S OWN CLUB REMEMBER!!

jellert said:
Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
Have to say, it was a hell of a reception. Classy moment when Cook met him at the doors to Mecca and threw his arms around him.

If players were watching that reception............ they want to come :)

It was a true Jerry McGuire moment ! :-)

bluebarn said:
That was great moment between Cooke and Tevez. They did look rather familiar with one another though as this was a strange act for a cheif exec to indulge in. The way they met each other leads me to think that they have been talking to each other for a few months and have built up a relationship. This would be great because it means Tevez was talking to us behind U****d's back while he was still on their pay role.

As for the Mecca thing, I don't want to open a can of worms, however, whilst I can appreciate that a sensitive Muslim might not like the use of the term, but if you look at how it is used it is actually complimentary. It's use here was to underline the importance of COMS to us City fans. In doing so and using Mecca as a reference point it is acknowledging and reflecting upon the importance of Mecca to Muslims. Therefore it should not in any way be deemed as offensive.

i make the pilgrimage every 2 weeks. city are spiritual to me

SWP's back said:
TripleTaz said:

Couple of things.... shouldn't it be Mecca (with a capital M) if it is sooooo very important?

Also, Mecca (the word/place) is now synomynous, with being a place of generic pilgrimage so a place of great importance.

Such as Ibiza is a dance music lovers (bag heads) Mecca, The swamp is a mecca for Asian tourists etc.

Loving your work son

Ticket For Schalke said:
SWP's back said:
TripleTaz said:

Loving your work son

Cheers Pop.

ps (if that is you Dad, how the hell did you learn to switch on a computer?)

pps (and get out of jail?)

only kidding but thanks mate. Worked me up a little as City to me is above ALL else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.