Kids/adults running onto the pitch after the final whistle

Seriously who gives a fuck! We should celebrate the fact there were children at the game as we must have the oldest and most decrepit match attending fanbase in Britain, and I include myself in that! How we solve the access of the young affording and gaining access into the stadium is a bigger issue than what those who are privileged enough to be there already are doing once the game finishes.

I'm sort of neutral about the pitch 'invasions' but if they are going to do it I wish they would do it from the aisle rather than pushing and shoving the people, standing to applaud the players, against the wall!! I nearly ended up going over the wall on Wednesday, head first, if it hadn't been for the guy next to me grabbing my arm I would have ended up in all the TV paraphernalia!!
Just remember if you are either sending your child over or going yourself to respect the other fans please! :-)

Trouble is that people like that have no consideration nor respect for anyone else, and also have no regard for age or gender. It's "me, me, me" all the time. Regrettably it's not restricted to football matches either. As long as they can get something posted on Facebook then that's all they care about.

Seriously who gives a fuck! We should celebrate the fact there were children at the game as we must have the oldest and most decrepit match attending fanbase in Britain, and I include myself in that! How we solve the access of the young affording and gaining access into the stadium is a bigger issue than what those who are privileged enough to be there already are doing once the game finishes.
With all due respect, that's all so much 'whataboutery'. It's entirely possible to 'celebrate the fact that there were children at the game...' without halfwits pushing their kids on to the pitch at the final whistle. Encouraging younger fans to attend matches and avoiding the risk of sanctions for fan misbehaviour are two completely different things. Admittedly, this isn't a significant problem in the grand scheme of things. However, it will become one should the club take no action and the usual morons see it as a free pass to follow suit.

We aren't complaining about kids going to matches, we are complaining about the dickhead parents who think they're at the fucking funfair playing hook a duck and throwing them onto the pitch hoping to nab a shirt..

We aren't complaining about kids going to matches, we are complaining about the dickhead parents who think they're at the fucking funfair playing hook a duck and throwing them onto the pitch hoping to nab a shirt..
Perhaps a clumsy analogy but it puts me in mind of an incident in the chippy after a home game against Liverpool some years ago when some scouse filth pushed his kid to the front of the queue just so he could get served before all those waiting. The only reason the bloke wasn't twatted was that the staff serving took pity on the child. Do we really want to encourage that sort of behaviour by our own fanbase?

With all due respect, that's all so much 'whataboutery'. It's entirely possible to 'celebrate the fact that there were children at the game...' without halfwits pushing their kids on to the pitch at the final whistle. Encouraging younger fans to attend matches and avoiding the risk of sanctions for fan misbehaviour are two completely different things. Admittedly, this isn't a significant problem in the grand scheme of things. However, it will become one should the club take no action and the usual morons see it as a free pass to follow suit.

I can see both points of view, and I think they're both valid.
I do think it's a problem that our fan base is so old. I often look around me at all the silver-haired and grey heads (myself included) — all of us were 14 on the Kippax once upon a time — and worry, “Where is the younger generation that should be replacing us?” And I have a horrible feeling that they will never come. Why? Because society itself has changed so radically. A great many of us live through a computer or smart phone screen, very nearly 24/7, and think it's real life. Not only are the kids no exception to this, they are the ones who have grown up knowing nothing else. For them, it is real life. What's the difference for them between being at the Etihad, and watching the streamed match at home? They've got to get off their arses (or their parents have got to get off their arses) for the former, pay a fair whack to get in (read — parents etc.) and hang around in the pissing rain waiting twenty minutes to half an hour to get on a tram to Ashton or Piccadilly at the end of it. Just easier to watch it at home on Sky or an illegal stream, or watch the highlights on MOTD later on.
It is a problem, and one that's much larger than the simple question of MCFC.
On the other hand, I suspect the second poster is totally right. It's the parents (some of them) thinking that their little Johnny has the right to do what the f— he likes because they're at the match and they've paid.
I don't think anyone should invade the pitch, ever, except on the occasions when Sergio Aguero scores a title-winning goal in the 93rd minute of the final match of the season, healing 44 years of hurt.
(That said, I've got a vague memory of jumping over the wall at the bottom of the Kippax, along with several hundred other kids, to go for a little stroll on the turf at the end of an absolutely meaningless season-ending match against, I think, Sunderland in about 1970. There was no-one around to give me a clip around the earhole for it…;-) No pesky stewards at the time, and the coppers were completely overrun )

Looks all lovely and engaging but it puts the stewards in a compromised position. If they let kids (or anyone) run onto the pitch unopposed then they aren't doing their jobs. Heaven forbid if a player got attacked and the stewards were standing idly by.

I can see both points of view, and I think they're both valid.
I do think it's a problem that our fan base is so old. I often look around me at all the silver-haired and grey heads (myself included) — all of us were 14 on the Kippax once upon a time — and worry, “Where is the younger generation that should be replacing us?” And I have a horrible feeling that they will never come. Why? Because society itself has changed so radically. A great many of us live through a computer or smart phone screen, very nearly 24/7, and think it's real life. Not only are the kids no exception to this, they are the ones who have grown up knowing nothing else. For them, it is real life. What's the difference for them between being at the Etihad, and watching the streamed match at home? They've got to get off their arses (or their parents have got to get off their arses) for the former, pay a fair whack to get in (read — parents etc.) and hang around in the pissing rain waiting twenty minutes to half an hour to get on a tram to Ashton or Piccadilly at the end of it. Just easier to watch it at home on Sky or an illegal stream, or watch the highlights on MOTD later on.
It is a problem, and one that's much larger than the simple question of MCFC.
On the other hand, I suspect the second poster is totally right. It's the parents (some of them) thinking that their little Johnny has the right to do what the f— he likes because they're at the match and they've paid.
I don't think anyone should invade the pitch, ever, except on the occasions when Sergio Aguero scores a title-winning goal in the 93rd minute of the final match of the season, healing 44 years of hurt.
(That said, I've got a vague memory of jumping over the wall at the bottom of the Kippax, along with several hundred other kids, to go for a little stroll on the turf at the end of an absolutely meaningless season-ending match against, I think, Sunderland in about 1970. There was no-one around to give me a clip around the earhole for it…;-) No pesky stewards at the time, and the coppers were completely overrun )

It was an unwritten last home game of the season rule we all ran onto the pitch to celebrate and nick a bit of turf to take home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.