Kids football/grassroots help picking a team for my son!

Manchester corinthians, Elite Fc and SKFC are all great grassroots clubs with good coaches with a clear philosophy.
Thanks. We played Corinthians a few weeks back. The battered us, but again the coaches commented on my lad and gave him man of the match.

And in all fairness he wouldn’t have looked out of place in their squad

A friend of my son was picked up by the United academy and then dropped after a year. He was 8 at the time and it crushed him. This isn't a club thing either - I suspect other PL clubs are equally unemotional about this.

I wouldn't be rushing to get him into any academy until he is much older.

Thanks. We played Corinthians a few weeks back. The battered us, but again the coaches commented on my lad and gave him man of the match.

And in all fairness he wouldn’t have looked out of place in their squad
All 3 clubs are great at developing talent. They get invited down to play pro clubs all the time. If your lad is good enough he will get spotted but he is only 6 and his enjoyment should be the only priority.

A friend of my son was picked up by the United academy and then dropped after a year. He was 8 at the time and it crushed him. This isn't a club thing either - I suspect other PL clubs are equally unemotional about this.

I wouldn't be rushing to get him into any academy until he is much older.
That’s awful but no we’re not in any rush or anything like that. I just know there’s perhaps better teams for him out there that would maybe open up more opportunities in future. Again - I don’t really know how these things work (wether scouting is more favourable to certain clubs etc) I suspect that does happen but as others have said, if he’s good enough he should get picked up regardless.

It might drop off to be fair - he’s only 6. But at the minute he loves playing and is getting better every time he plays. The kid lives and breathes it at the moment

My lad used to play for Reddish Vulcans many years ago and he loved it there and they used to have a good reputation
Not sure what they are like now tho
Might be a bit far as well
Just been on their website
Never knew that foden played there
Also 5 of their under 8 year olds have been taken on by professional clubs

Last edited:
My lad used to play for Reddish Vulcans many years ago and they used to have a good reputation
Not sure what they are like now tho
Might be a bit far as well
Never knew but foden played there
My mates lad plays there - my mate said there’s no space for him but said he’ll be welcome to go train. Think we’ll do it just to help gauge his level.

My mates lad plays there - my mate said there’s no space for him but said he’ll be welcome to go train. Think we’ll do it just to help gauge his level.
If he is good as what you hope then im sure they will make room

Quick question on sponsorship in junior football, hope it's ok to add in here. I thought betting firms weren't allowed to advertise at all in and around the young ages? Club near my dad's has just had a big betfred logo stuck on the gass at the side of the pitch, public land too apparently.

Is this kind of presence by gambling firms 'normal' in our junior game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.