Kids wearing other teams’ clothes...

As another poster stated, it's disrespectful if others try and influence your children, when they know your beliefs
In football..maybe... but not in anything else: religion, race, gender , ‘class’ etc...are all things that children ‘do’ need to be enlightened and educated on - that might have been ingrained/indoctrinated by their parents to focus on a single aspect to the detriment of learning and understanding all others.

In football..maybe... but not in anything else: religion, race, gender , ‘class’ etc...are all things that children ‘do’ need to be enlightened and educated on - that might have been ingrained/indoctrinated by their parents to focus on a single aspect to the detriment of learning and understanding all others.

Obviously mate!!

But the fact I posted my reply on a football forum and was talking about football........meant I meant football !!

My lad is a city fanatic but goes to Oldham home games with his mates whenever he can. It’s only £5 to get in and he enjoys the laugh as they stand with the “ultras” lol

For his birthday he asked for the new Oldham third shirt which we went to the club shop this morning to buy

He got a few funny looks when I told hi to try it on for size and he pulled his hoody off to reveal to the whole shop his new city away shirt with Foden 47 on the back

The in laws are 'Leeds' fans, as is my wife, but I've been to more Leeds games since I've known them than they have (2 vs 1 in 6 years...!)

Since we got together, it was always understood that any children would be brought up as city fans.

Last week the in laws bought my son some Leeds pyjamas. I objected but I think they took it as a joke. This week they had some more for him to wear while he stayed over. After further discussions it was suggested that if he stays over, he wears what they want. I said he wouldn't be staying over again in that case.

Am I overreacting?!
NO, tell them bring that white crap again and your not welcome in my house, simple!

I tell you what is hilarious......the amount of City kits in and around Salford/Swinton/Walkden in what is dyed in the wool rag country.

Warms the cockles......it really does.

My Dad and Grandad were Salford Blues when we won the title in 1968, apparently the local pub was deserted after we won at Newcastle yet when United beat Benfica the whole pub waited for my Dad and Grandad to arrive before the party got in full swing.

Knowing the welcome they’d get they still faced the rag hordes, that’s the difference between being blue and red.

The in laws are 'Leeds' fans, as is my wife, but I've been to more Leeds games since I've known them than they have (2 vs 1 in 6 years...!)

Since we got together, it was always understood that any children would be brought up as city fans.

Last week the in laws bought my son some Leeds pyjamas. I objected but I think they took it as a joke. This week they had some more for him to wear while he stayed over. After further discussions it was suggested that if he stays over, he wears what they want. I said he wouldn't be staying over again in that case.

Am I overreacting?!

no you’re not.

my father in law is a stoke and Liverpool fan (don’t ask). He said he was going to decorate their spare room in red for when my lad stayed over. I told him he would never be staying over in that case... He understood very early on that id be making the decisions around my kids, not them.

you need to be unequivocal and firm and tell them how it’s going to be.

no you’re not.

my father in law is a stoke and Liverpool fan (don’t ask). He said he was going to decorate their spare room in red for when my lad stayed over. I told him he would never be staying over in that case... He understood very early on that id be making the decisions around my kids, not them.

you need to be unequivocal and firm and tell them how it’s going to be.
I know you said don’t ask but how on earth can you support stoke and Liverpool, that’s a crime that.

Am I overreacting?!

No, and burn any item they send as presents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.