Kieran Tierney

Hello lads,

I’m a Celtic fan with a soft spot for the blue side of Manchester. I only created this account to put my tuppence in as I saw earlier in the week a poster said that Tierney was the most over rated British player today.

If you can’t see what Tierney brings then you’re either at it, don’t understand football… or a complete effin moron.

Even rangers fans up here acknowledge that Tierney is twice the player Robertson thinks he is. Far better in multiple positions, a stronger character on the pitch and an attacking threat as well as a world class defender.

Before his last injury Barca and Real were circling him. If it wasn’t for his injury record he would already be at a far bigger club than arsenal.

If you want to talk about over rated British players there’s plenty in the England team to look at!

25 million plus a 15% sell on.
So Arsenal are going to want £30m as a minimum or they’ll lose money. I suspect they’d try to squeeze us for £40-50m and I can’t see us paying that with his injury record. Unless of course they just want him off the books, but then I’d be questioning why.

Initial offer 50 which I think will go up to around 65. If he gets a run injury free then he’s worth it. It’s a big if though.

Tierney? Nah mate, Tierney replaced Zinchenko with about 20 minutes left & completely changed the game.

Arsenal were battering Palace & Zinchenko was given the freedom of Selhurst Park in the first 30/35 minutes, but he got caught upfield & a ball was played in behind which led to Palace's first meaningful attack.

Throughout the second half, it was all Palace & they kept targeting Zinchenko. His lack of pace was again telling.

When Tierney came on for Zinchenko it totally changed the game. He was quicker & seemed more accomplished & was the catalyst in setting up numerous Arsenal attacks, one of which led to the second & deciding goal. I was very impressed to be honest...
Of course you just conveniently ignored the fact it was Zinchenko who worked hard to produce the first goal. You can't be serious nitpicking his errors in his overall excellent performance in that match. Who started the next match again? In case you don't know he was Fotmob's MOTM in that match. I honestly trust their logical and meaningful rating system unlike the garbage take of Whoscored, bias pundits on TV and paper or an amateur in a fan forum.

Initial offer 50 which I think will go up to around 65. If he gets a run injury free then he’s worth it. It’s a big if though.
Decent natural full back as you say but City only went to £40m for Cucurella so with KTs injuries too be surprised if we went that high.

We’ve said we’re done. No chance of this. Tierney great player but injured over half of every season anyway

Of course you just conveniently ignored the fact it was Zinchenko who worked hard to produce the first goal. You can't be serious nitpicking his errors in his overall excellent performance in that match. Who started the next match again? In case you don't know he was Fotmob's MOTM in that match. I honestly trust their logical and meaningful rating system unlike the garbage take of Whoscored, bias pundits on TV and paper or an amateur in a fan forum.
I watched the whole match live & gave an honest personal assessment. As I said, Arsenal bossed it for the first 30-35 mins & yes Zinchenko's pass led to Arsenal's opener. Arsenal were all over Palace like a rash & were bossing the match with Zinchenko being as impressive as the rest of the Arsenal starting 11.

However, as stated around the half hour mark, Zinchenko was caught upfield when a ball was played into the space he vacated, & that's when the penny dropped for Palace. They began to overload their right (Arsenal's left) & recovered to finish the half even in terms of control.

In the second half it was all Palace & it was evident Zinchenko's lack of pace was being targeted as most of Palace's attacks came from their right. This is something City became familiar with at the highest level during his time here, hence Zin never being first choice LB at a club who only had one LB who was perpetually injured.

Up to 70-75 mins of the second half there was only Palace in it, until Arteta pulled Zinchenko for Tierney which completely turned the second half tide in Arsenal's favour. Coincidence? Tierney's extra pace nullified Palace's main attacking tactic & that was it for them.

So much so that after regaining the initiative, Arsenal scored their second to put the match beyond Palace & comfortably saw the game out.

Did you even watch the match, or just read online blog reports?

Most City fans agree that Zinchenko is a very talented pro, but how many times has he been found wanting at the very highest levels where the smallest deficiencies are amplified? Why did Pep prefer a right back playing left back instead of Zinchenko?

Why were we desperately trying go get Walker fit to face Real away & why was Cancelo played at LB instead of Zinchenko? Why did the momentum of the match swing when Walker came off injured? Zinchenko replaced Walker & Cancelo moved to RB. Which side did the majority of Real's attacks come from which led to their two late goals?

It's early mate & you've probably woken up a bit grumpy for whatever reason. I'd suggest you reflect on Zinchenko's career at City & why we were comfortable in allowing him to leave. I'd also suggest you go watch the full Palace v Arsenal game & not solely rely on blog reports & MoTD highlights to try & form an accurate opinion... :-\

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.