Kieran Tierney

I’m fully aware of what I said. If you disagree then that’s up to you but more would agree with me than you. He is world class.

Whilst I think he is a very good player , the use of the phrase " world class " is used far too often in general to emhasise the quality of an individual.

I think Tierney is a very good player who has had a number of injury issues which have probably hampered his progress, but not " world class " imo .

Whilst I think he is a very good player , the use of the phrase " world class " is used far too often in general to emhasise the quality of an individual.

I think Tierney is a very good player who has had a number of injury issues which have probably hampered his progress, but not " world class " imo .
That’s a fair assessment from you. The reason I say world class is - I have seen him take on players at top clubs from a young age with absolute ease. He reads the game better than anyone in that Scotland side (I know I know) and when he plays for Scotland you can see how much he improves us both defensively and attacking. He plays out of position at CB to accommodate a mediocre Robertson (a guy who got the captains armband while Tierney was injured and after Tierney had been wearing it for a few matches). He overlaps and attacks from CB, if you haven’t seen it then it’s really quite something.

Anyway I agree the term “world class” is thrown around far too much. As far as Tierney goes though, he would definitely improve your starting 11 when fit, and with the players you already have that’s saying something!

Good luck for the season ahead lads.

P.s… Man Utd hahaha

Pretty much exactly where I stand. Really wanted him when he was at Celtic and early on at Arsenal but his injuries are really unfortunate. There's a chance he could have ended up at that level otherwise.

Im delighted we've signed Gomez, I would of preferred Zin to stay but fully respect his decision to wan to go play week in week out and think him and Jesus are just another level for Arsenal.

If we were to sign another left back, I know pep has said we won't this year, I wouldn't be opposed to Tierney at all. City would be a great fit for him and obviously would want him to play x amount of games but wouldn't have the pressure of playing weekly with his injury record.

If the price & wages are right, why not? Not having to rely on him every game could be just what his body & our squad rotation needs.

Having such a small squad gives everyone ample game time, but when injuries, suspensions & fatigue kick in as it did at the end of last season, it's then you realise the sense a couple of extra top class bodies make... )(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.