King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

Really sorry to hear its ending. I’ll be honest and say I haven’t bought it in a few years which I feel a bit guilty about now but I’ll buy the last one if I can.

Many years ago when I was at school I actually wanted to be a journalist (yes, I know), my career adviser, who knew I was a football fan suggested I try writing a few things, send them in to some fanzines and see what happened. It was genuinely one of my proudest ever moments when one of them got published in KOTK and I actually ended up doing a few match reports for them over a couple of years. I only stopped when I realised I had done 10 and hadn’t written about a game we’d won! To be fair it was the mid 1990’s so I shouldn’t have been surprised but I actually thought I was a jinx (you had to let them know in advance which games you were going to do so I couldn’t even wait for us to win and then submit one)! Never did become a journalist though.

Brilliant in the early years a must read on aways, inciteful, funny and truly felt it was by the fans for the fans.

Time moves on, I've spoken to Dave a few times over the years etc but it must be at least 20 years since I bought one and this type of production has likely sadly had its day.

A thousand thanks to Dave/Sue and the contributions of all involved, it was our beacon of light in a sea of shit for many years.

What can I said that hasnt already been said? I’ll just reiterate that, without realising it we have a lot to thank Dave - Sue and the whole KoTK team for. Been pretty much a lifetime’s work, 35 years, I bet they didn't expect it to last so long? Got to know them during the Forward with Franny campaign, which they backed to the hilt, and are such lovely people
So, enjoy your second retirement you truly deserve it and thanks to all the team, absolute sterling effort done for no other reason than your love of our wonderful club.

Last edited:
When we had no voice Blueprint then KK then EB/BTH gave us one. It’s easy now to get our feelings known back then the efforts of Sue & Dave and the others made people listen to fans. They are an incredible and important part of MCFC and football history. The world will be a poorer place without KK.

It’s easy now to get our feelings known back then the efforts of Sue & Dave and the others made people listen to fans. They are an incredible and important part of MCFC and football history. The world will be a poorer place without KK.
I was never greatly interested, but the bolded bit is absolutely correct.

How much is a copy of KOTK nowadays ?
They stopped selling KOTK outside grounds ages ago but continued to sell by mail to subscribers @ £25 for 5 editions.

My subscription expired with the current one and but I will pay a one off £7 for the last edition. I believe for those whose subscription has not expired, the balance will be donated to charity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.