King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

You tend to associate fanzines with failure at a club, where they provide an outlet for the fans' discontent. But there's rarely been a shortage of things to write about even when we've been incredibly successful.

My material mainly came from financial stuff, particularly FFP and all the shit associated with that and it's really only in a long-form publication like KOTK that you can properly do that justice. I'm so grateful to Dave & Sue for giving me the opportunity and platform to do that. Some of the regulars are hoping to carry on writing but it will be online, possibly via Substack or something similar. After all, we've still got the PL case to get through.
I’ve just written pretty much that for the last edition PB. In contrast to other clubs, there was rarely nothing to write about at City during the KotK era. Whether we made a decent fist of it is of course another matter, but honestly, who else went from 12th in Div 1 to European champions, had multiple promotions and relegations, dodgy Thai politicians, goalkeepers playing up front, beanie horses, players wasting time by the corner flag when we were about to go down, Forward with Franny, cup final goals after 12 seconds and arguably the single most dramatic moment in the history of English football (Agueroooo)?
“The ultimate soap opera club” was a fitting epithet

I've got 3,000+ words of drivel, often in "rant" format, available every month if anyone is interested.
Otherwise the Ged Sounds Off column will be spread amongst the topics on here.

It's been an interesting 33 years writing for and selling KK.
I had one very short letter printed in it many years ago, the proudest moment and highlight of my literary career

Where can I get a copy of the last issue of King of the Kippax?.

I'd like to know this too and as a previous poster stated, is t £7 for the final edition??

I'll happily pay whatever it costs and I think it's worth asking whether a few extra copies will be printed as demand will be high, now most folk know it will be the last edition (obviously me included)

Next time I'm at my mums house, I'm getting all the issues I have (and there are loads) from the early to mid nineties, I'm taking them home and I'm going to read them all again - I never contributed but did get a mention in one once!!

It's quite emotional to think it's coming to an end and as PB said, it was probably easier to write about us when we were bobbins and the Blues dark humour kept us all going - although we did toy with doing well, until Howard Kendall walked out on us, giving us a KOTK "Hold The Front Page Special" with a double cover, if memory serves me correctly!!

As Gary James said, what Dave and Sue have done is "incredible".........from two exceptionally 'credible' people

So reading some of the comments is the last edition going to be a printed version? Would love a copy or two if that’s the case, alongside the kindle version.

I once bought a copy in the Kippax at half time. Gave Sue my pound and walked off.
Reading it on the Sunday I noticed the price was now £1.50.
Went back next home game with the 50 pence and apologised to Sue.
She remembered me and was genuinely touched that I had put it right.
It never entered my mind to not do it, as it was the right thing to do because they cared enough to provide a different view to the official club stuff that resonated with the vast majority of Blues.
Thank you for your commitment to the cause.

I've got 3,000+ words of drivel, often in "rant" format, available every month if anyone is interested.
Otherwise the Ged Sounds Off column will be spread amongst the topics on here.

It's been an interesting 33 years writing for and selling KK.
Did you write as East Level 2? I only flicked through other people’s copies so I may not have spotted your pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.