Kinkladze Speaks..

"Kinkladze for me is as overrated as the "Maine Road atmosphere".

(Gets tin hat on..."

"Gets tin hat on" is another way of saying "I know I'm being a cock".

Blue Blood CTID said:

(Gets tin hat on..."

Not at all.

It's a way of saying that I expect most people would probably disagree.

But maybe I was wrong, as you're the only person so far to comment...

I agree with him .
I like Lescott but he is the weak link within the side and I don't think it will be long before Kolo or Savic replace him .

mcfc2112 said:
Blue Blood CTID said:

(Gets tin hat on..."

Not at all.

I was in Italy a couple weeks ago and Andrea (the guy who runs the hotel), was talking to me about the upcoming napoli game, fans etc. Anyway we got talking and he showed me videos of his favourite Inter players. I showed him one of Kinkladze. He nearly spat his drink all over. "How come I've never heard of this guy?" He kept saying he was the nearest thing he's seen to messi.

There are players who didn't have 10% of his talent whom the world knows about. In that sense he is underrated. It also wasn't his fault he had to take the piss out of 3 and 4 defenders in the first division.

Blue Blood CTID said:
mcfc2112 said:
Blue Blood CTID said:

(Gets tin hat on..."

Not at all.

I was in Italy a couple weeks ago and Andrea (the guy who runs the hotel), was talking to me about the upcoming napoli game, fans etc. Anyway we got talking and he showed me videos of his favourite Inter players. I showed him one of Kinkladze. He nearly spat his drink all over. "How come I've never heard of this guy?" He kept saying he was the nearest thing he's seen to messi.

There are players who didn't have 10% of his talent whom the world knows about. In that sense he is underrated. It also wasn't his fault he had to take the piss out of 3 and 4 defenders in the first division.
Did you show him this one :D? :
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7BuNzATQsw[/youtube]

Jumanji said:
Blue Blood CTID said:
mcfc2112 said:
Not at all.

Yep I showed him that one mate. Also had to show him the one against west ham coz the guy was a west ham/Inter fan (his mother was english) :D

He knew loads of old players from all sorts of clubs who were average. When I mentioned kinky, he didn't have a clue. It's a shame about kinky it really is. I genuinely believe he was underrated more than anything.

mcfc2112 said:
Blue Blood CTID said:

(Gets tin hat on..."

Not at all.

I'll tell you the thing about Kinkladze. When he was with us, with the ball at his feet, he was one of the best in the world. He was like Maradona, or even Messi today. The ball stuck to him like glue but the most important thing he had was the ability to go past people with a quick burst of pace and close control in a tight space.

I don't know whether it was inujury or fitness, but once he joined Ajax he lost that burst of electric pace and his biggest weapon was gone.

For a while he was one of the most dangerous players in the world.

Not a great one for digging in and tracking back when the chips were down though....

Jumanji said:
Blue Blood CTID said:
mcfc2112 said:
Not at all.

I can't see youtube videos at work, but is it the goal v. Southampton, by any chance?

Kinkladze undoubtedly had skill - much more skill than anyone else in the team(s) he played in for us...

But my abiding memories of that time were of everyone giving the ball to him as soon as they could...forwards and other midfielders would make runs...not get the ball...stop and watch as Kinkladze would try to beat a fourth or a fifth man...then have to leg it back as he'd lost posession...

mcfc2112 said:
Jumanji said:
Blue Blood CTID said:

I can't see youtube videos at work, but is it the goal v. Southampton, by any chance?

Kinkladze undoubtedly had skill - much more skill than anyone else in the team(s) he played in for us...

But my abiding memories of that time were of everyone giving the ball to him as soon as they could...forwards and other midfielders would make runs...not get the ball...stop and watch as Kinkladze would try to beat a fourth or a fifth man...then have to leg it back as he'd lost posession...

Aye mate, the Southampton goal is on there. Also other clips too. I take the points about not tracking back, and trying to beat to many players, etc. I also agree with Didsbury Dave's point about being as skilful as Maradonna with the ball. The world should know about kinky, but they don't and I personally think it's quite tragic.

I actually disagree with his comments regarding Lescott/better than barca though :D

mcfc2112 said:
I'd prefer Kinkladze to keep quiet - and keep away!

Lescott has been improving snce he came back into the side last season, and has been stated on here we'd have lost already this season if it wasn't for him.

Kinkladze for me is as overrated as the "Maine Road atmosphere".

(Gets tin hat on...)

Shouldn't you be under a bridge?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.