Kinkladze vs Benarbia vs Silva

Johnsonontheleft said:
Who have you enjoyed watching more?

For me, although I think Silva is the best player, & Ali was sublime, there was something about when Kinky got the ball. The crowd were instantly on their feet like nothing I've seen before or since. People may laugh but I see Kinkladze as our Messi. He was that good.

Kinky was a cubic zirconia in a sea of turd. Silva is a diamond in a sea of gold. If you see kinky as our Messi, I'd suggest a visit to the opticians.

Kinky, was and remains the only one of the 3 who could single handedly win a game. If all 3 were to play Wembley (older fans played this on grass with real balls before PlayStations) then Kinky would win on most occasions. On that basis, and as an individual, he was better and remains the closest player I've seen that ( fleetingly I'll admit) could match Messi.

Silva is the best playmaker we've ever had and should be, due to his longevity, considered more important to the club.

Benarbia on talent had a some Silva with a sprinkle of Kinkladze. Sadly we got him too late and to be fair he barely showed it at Premier League level as he had little pace.

For me Yaya is City's most important player however I don't like him.

Ali B was great and regularly skinned average players, kinky was sublime but didn't get the chance to shine as often due to err...the components around him. However Silva apart from the odd match is worth the price of a Etihad pie and pint alone. His calmness and close control are awesome. When was the last time this guy actually looked down at the ball at his feet. Just great. It's been a tough season but I feel very lucky to watch him week after week.

Some great posts on here, they bring back some very happy memories. Each of the three were masters of the skills of football but each were at different times in their careers and played in different divisions and the game has changed over the years. However, having been lucky to see all three, David Silva is, in my opinion, the best and will probably be considered the most influential City player of all time (at a time when City are competing at the very top of world club football. This reply may seem predictable given my post name.

Geo and Ali were very bright lights in a johnny average team. Standout players indeed.

Mr Silva stands out in very good team.

Geo 9.2
Ali 9.0
Silva 9.7

Only Mr Messi could get a ten.

Silva by a mile.

Kinkladze was a highlights player who played in the bottom half of the Prem for a couple of teams, couldn't get into Ajax's team and scratched around at shite clubs outside of that. His team play was often poor, he'd be completely quiet for twenty minutes at a time but then would have everyone off their seat in a moment of brilliance. If you watched MOTD and see 15minutes of highlights you'd think he was as good as Messi but live at a game you'd sometimes forget he was on the pitch.

Benarbia was French Ligue 1 POTS once and looked a cracking player. Harder working than Gio, almost as exciting but also never really played for anyone of note. He was only with us for one season though and then retired.

Silva would be a regular starter for any team in world football. You cannot say that about the other two. He's amazing. It's sometimes difficult for him at City as he is the only truly creative player in the squad [which is alarming looking how much money we've spent on players and we have one true creator] so a huge proportion of the weight of success of our team lies squarely on his shoulders. But throughout the game he dictates play in the opposition's last third, he works hard defensively (more than people realise), over his time in the Prem he's created more chances for his teammates than any other player, he's involved in play for 90+minutes every game. Great great player.

Obviously silva is head and shoulders above. But I agree with the kinky / messi comparison. Different planets, but I've never seen a player look more like messi when running past players. Same body shape, same ease. He was astounding to watch at a time when we were pretty hard to watch. Real crowd anticipation whenever he got the ball, you could feel it around you.

01MANC said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Who have you enjoyed watching more?

For me, although I think Silva is the best player, & Ali was sublime, there was something about when Kinky got the ball. The crowd were instantly on their feet like nothing I've seen before or since. People may laugh but I see Kinkladze as our Messi. He was that good.

Kinky was a cubic zirconia in a sea of turd. Silva is a diamond in a sea of gold. If you see kinky as our Messi, I'd suggest a visit to the opticians.

For me it would be Kinkladze by a country mile.

Kinkladze along with say Maradona, Messi or a very select number of players who have the ball control, balance, strength, searing pace enabling them to beat players with ease.

In my lifetime I would put the top three as the most enjoyable players I have watched with the likes of Ronaldinho, Hagi, Zidane, Henry falling in the next bracket.

I do enjoy watching Silva (arguably a better player) but for me his is much more of a ball player and although he excels in this role there are a lot of similar players, such as Mata, Cazorla, Fabregas, Nasri. He did not have the unique skillset I think Kinkladze had and which is on a personal level I loved watching. Like I said in the other thread he is the reason you fall in love with the game in the first place.

Benarbia was a wonderful player but he never quite ripped up the Premiership like Kinkladze did and glittered all too briefly. Similarly he was more of a ball player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.