Kinky v Uwe

qoute from uvie, in a bar in spain, just before his cancer. " I'd go back to city on a fucking bike "

TRUE BLUE

Never forget in about 1996 I was living in Stuttgart. There was a show on German TV called "Rannissimo" which was basically a footie talk show set in a studio reflecting on the weekends football - and the itai games hence the "issimo" in the title. Did you see what they did there?? Marvellous.

Anyway one weekend during the German football break midwinter they turned their focus to England and highlighted this completely unknown German player making a name for himself in the UK, during a time where all the focus was on Klinsmann. They brought a 15 minute report on Uwe Rosler, and then had him on as a guest.

He came on the tele to the "Uweeeeeh....Uwe Roseler" chant and spent the whole time telling about how he loved England, Manchester our team. Did not have a bad word to say about his time there.

They even tried to trap him into a comment about the perceived politically incorrect "Uwes Grandad bombed old trafford" T Shirts, he just smirked and said he had no problems with it whatsoever and he loved the English humour.

Great to see him take the fight to his illness that he did to opposing defenders.

Brian Horton might not have been a big name, but he did make some shrewd buys..when we were skint. Thanks Brian, Thanks Uwe.

I am 21 and remember both Kinky was pure class but Uwe was my hero, he just loved scoring goals. I feel at times when i saw Kinky he realised the rest of the team were shit and tried to do too much on his own. I know he was playing with Lomas and Flitcroft but he should of gave the easy pass at times instead of trying to beat 3/4/5 players on his own, don't get me wrong he had the ability to do it but didn't need to everytime! These two players names along with the likes of Quinny, Walsh, Beagrie (spelling) and so on should still be sung today as much as it pains me to say like the rags still sing Cantona etc.

Uuuwweeeee, uwe Roseler, Uuuwweeeee, uwe Roseler,

There was a man from Dynamo Kinkladze was his name oh,
Franny Lee said sign him up and took him down to maine road
K I N K Y, K I N K Y, K I N K Y,
Kinkladze was his name oh

I remember at Bury after we drew 1-1 in 98 and Uwe was running up and down the pitch at the end of the game and 2,000 fans were singing "your only hear for the money" ...........

I loved Uwe and he should have started a lot more when Alan Ball was manager. Loved it at Sheff Wednesday when he scored last away game of the season. Brilliant.

But Kinkladze is my all time favourite. The way he stuck with us when we went down and when we stayed down. The most gifted player ive ever seen where blue.

20 years ago, last ever match of the East German national team (2-0 win over Belgium in Brussels). You got him?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zdf.de/ZDFsport/inhalt/11/0,5676,8108587,00.html?dr=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zdf.de/ZDFsport/inhalt/11/0, ... .html?dr=1</a>

It's like being asked to choose between your dick and your balls. I'd quite like both of them to be honest.

It depends on what "legend" means.

Uve was a decent premier league striker, a bit short of pace, who got a few goals. He's popular because football fans love someone who shows passion and says the right things.

Kinkladze for a short period looked like one of the best playmakers in the world at City.

In terms of ability, Kinkladze by a million miles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.