Kodi/SPMC

Yeah its definitely not a source issue!!

Its strange as ive just done a bit of testing and a 4K film at 17.6gb seems to run ok but then a tv show at 18gb and it wont play. The message pops up playback source too slow. Ive just tried a film at 32GB and it just wont have it. Internet speed for all these were 32.6MB

It's all to do with bitrate mate. If your download speed is slower than the bitrate of the file it will buffer.
So if your download speed is 33mbps and the bitrate of the file is 40 mbps, you'll get buffering.
The easiest way to figure out bitrate is to Google 'xGB / xHours and minutes' if that makes sense

I think I fall into the max 1080 category unfortunately so am hopeful that my kind IPTV supplier understands my problem and continues providing a lower than 4K option?

What do you think my chances may be G..
Your fine for a long time mate 4k live TV won't happen In kodi for along time yet, I've had a sky sports uhd source for a couple of weeks now but it's not actually 4k, it's compressed to 1080p, I had a 2k source for the world Cup and it lagged like hell on kodi but ran like a champion in iptv smarters Pro apk using mx player..your looking at 2/3 yrs minimum for 4k Live TV in kodi unless its been compressed

It's all to do with bitrate mate. If your download speed is slower than the bitrate of the file it will buffer.
So if your download speed is 33mbps and the bitrate of the file is 40 mbps, you'll get buffering.
The easiest way to figure out bitrate is to Google 'xGB / xHours and minutes' if that makes sense
He could try pausing the stream for a few mins before playing, used to work sometimes for me on my first ever box

Just done some calculations and if my maths are correct a 4K film at 25gb and a run time of 130 minutes would require a internet speed of between 45-56mb to stream. Does that sound about right?

Also I can watch prime or youtube in 4K no problem. Do they use a different kind of coding?

Just done some calculations and if my maths are correct a 4K film at 25gb and a run time of 130 minutes would require a internet speed of between 45-56mb to stream. Does that sound about right?

Also I can watch prime or youtube in 4K no problem. Do they use a different kind of coding?

It works out at about 26 Mbps by my calculations mate.
YouTube, prime and Netflix's 4k won't be as detailed as a 4k Blu-ray because most most people don't have the internet speed to stream at 4k Blu-ray quality

Yeah, there used to be smaller 4k files in maverick TV addon that I had success with doing that from time to time
Yeah that's fair enough
It going to reach to a point where I think at certain bitrates we won't be able to tell the difference.
4k Blu-ray is certainly getting near those limits for most home setups I believe

Unless you have at least 50 inch tv don’t waste your time with 4k watching 1080p Dolby 5.1 file size around 5 gigs is fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.