Kolarov [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
onerbag said:
S.E.H said:
Should we sign Kolarov, I can see a a back 4 of:

Boateng/K.Toure -- Boateng/K.Toure -- Kompany -- Kolarov

In other words, Right Back and Right Centre Back can be exchanged between Jerome and Kolo.

Id have Lescott at CB ahead of Toure.
Anybody think the captains armband will be taken off Kolo?

I agree, Lescott is our best CB, although I thought Kolo improved towards the end of the season.

However, having his brother here changes the dynamic.......

Also, we don't yet know who's leaving, they won't all be fringe players

Rammy Blue said:
johnny crossan said:
Could be we get Luiz too, four Davids in a week!

Lost me with that one jc, probably setting myself up for a clarkie....

4 Davids?

David Platt
David Silva
David Luiz
Craig David (half time entertainment)

onerbag said:
S.E.H said:
Should we sign Kolarov, I can see a a back 4 of:

Boateng/K.Toure -- Boateng/K.Toure -- Kompany -- Kolarov

In other words, Right Back and Right Centre Back can be exchanged between Jerome and Kolo.

Toure & Lescott would be my no 1 paring although I haven't seen Boateng play there yet.

Marvin said:
onerbag said:
Toure & Lescott would be my no 1 paring although I haven't seen Boateng play there yet.
I'd prefer a CB pairing of Kompany & Lescott, but one of the main reasons Yaya signied was to play with his brother and he's said it's been his dream for ages, so my preferable back four would be:

Touré - Kompany - Lescott - Kolarov

If we don't sign Kolarov it would be easier as we could just play a back line of:

Touré - Kompany - Boateng - Lescott

Ive been hearing alot of 'because yaya is in- toure should be in the squad because its changes the whole dynamic'...

What exactly does it change?

I mean, like everyone else, Kolo should be rated based on merit not because his brother is in the 1st team aswell.

Lescott has been overall producing better performances than Kolo, thus I see no reason why he should be dropped.

Aussie! said:
Ive been hearing alot of 'because yaya is in- toure should be in the squad because its changes the whole dynamic'...

What exactly does it change?

I mean, like everyone else, Kolo should be rated based on merit not because his brother is in the 1st team aswell.

Lescott has been overall producing better performances than Kolo, thus I see no reason why he should be dropped.

Nothing concrete, I just think Kolo is less likely to be dropped now that Yaya is here.

We've got so many options now at the back I guess we'll just wait and see who leaves and what RM does with the rest.

Kolo could play as a RB, this would stop him from making the odd mistake/lack of concentration?

He's got the speed, strength and skill....Don't know about his crossing skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.