Kolarov [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you Robinho - clearly he wasn't in the right state of mind towards the end of his time at Madrid and he just wanted out. But the rest, I think you're reaching. I mean the Tevez transfer was a big deal, regardless of whether he was a free agent or not. Sure, we've had to sell an idea and a dream rather than being able to attract on prestige, but those players still had to say "yes, I buy into this dream"... nobody forced them to sign.

Tez Tosterone said:
The Tuttopsort story is merely reiterating the fact that we are still in pole position to sign the Serbian. Lotito has rejected our €18.5m (£16m) offer and will conclude the deal with us if we add another 4mil to the figure. In the meantime Juve (who clearly don't have the financial resources to outbid us) are waiting in the wings to see if we end of interest in Kolarov. If we did they would probably have to offer cash + player exchange to meet the Lazio valuation. Being in the same country makes the PX more doable and Juve have decent players to exchange.

Haven't they agreed in Italy that only 1 non-eu player is allowed to sign per club?

If this is the case then Juve can only sign one of Krasic, Dzeko & Kolarov.

I personally think they will sign Krasic.

Project said:
I'll give you Robinho - clearly he wasn't in the right state of mind towards the end of his time at Madrid and he just wanted out. But the rest, I think you're reaching. I mean the Tevez transfer was a big deal, regardless of whether he was a free agent or not. Sure, we've had to sell an idea and a dream rather than being able to attract on prestige, but those players still had to say "yes, I buy into this dream"... nobody forced them to sign.

No but the wages sure helped, im not slating City one bit, just think some posters need a wake up call as we're still a small club compared to other teams, and we shouldnt be arrogant about torres.

Ticket For Schalke said:
no lad, i talk to much sense for them, oh and you have to be biased on there, like here really.

Sense?

Literally no teams buy the top clubs best players bar Real Madrid and occasionally Barca. Take United for example, even they don't try it, all their current best players were bought from smaller clubs.
Rooney? Everton.
VDS? Wasn't getting games at Inter Milan.
Vidic? I don't even know which club.
Evra? Some next French club.

Or how about Chelsea?
Drogba? Some next French club.
Lampard? West Ham post relegation.
Essien? Lyon who generally are a selling club.
Terry? Academy I think.
Cole? Left Arsenal who generally are a selling club.

Or how about Liverpool?
Torres? Athletico Madrid.
Gerrard? Academy.
Carragher? Academy.
Reina? Some next Spanish club.
Mascherano? West Ham.

How about Inter?
Milito? Middle-ish Spanish club.
Cambiasso? Real Madrid reserves.
Cesar? Peanuts from some next club.
Lucio? Left Bayern when they didn't offer a good enough contract.
Maicon? Some next Brazillian club.

Care to drag up some examples of top clubs that aren't Barca/Real buying other top clubs players when the club wanted them.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Project said:

No but the wages sure helped, im not slating City one bit, just think some posters need a wake up call as we're still a small club compared to other teams, and we shouldnt be arrogant about torres.

That wasn't really the point being argued though - it was about the ability to attract players and we have been able to do so, for reasons individual to each. Of course they are attracted to the money, but the money in itself is a signal of our intentions and ambitions. If we were a team in the Gulf offering the same money they wouldn't join us because there would be no hope of CL football, or success in competitions that matter.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Project said:

If we really wanted Torres, there's only one reson he wouldn't come & that is if he wants to wait for a club in the Champions league.

Nothing to do with 'small club' or anything else. If we were in that competition, there would only be a small handful of players in the world who wouldn't want to sign for us. Most of them would be playing for Barca & Real.

King Geedorah said:
Project said:
@ King Geedorah.... sick album

Really really is. Shame it doesn't get mentioned among other top concept albums purely because it comes from the genre it does.

I don't worry about that kind of stuff anymore. Their loss!

King Geedorah said:
Care to drag up some examples of top clubs that aren't Barca/Real buying other top clubs players when the club wanted them.

City with Tevez from United and Yaya from Barca :-) Oops, I think I just proved your point more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.