Kolarov take a bow.

Citizen in Pakistan said:
with kolrov crossing ability apart from free kicks could their be a case of him playing as a winger may be?
You mean like he has been deployed as many times? Including Wednesday of last week?

how soon is now said:
He has definately upped his game he seems a lot quicker than when he first arrived maybe just adapted to the premier league and his freekicks are turning into gimmes, you can know almost guarantee he will score lately or at least work the keeper .

He does look a bit quicker but still not quick enough to catch a speedy winger.

We have to be very careful which games & which moments to use him.

Chippy_boy said:
I've been a huge critic of Korarov I the past. Consistently on his case.

But I have to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong, he has developed into a fine player this season, capped by a quite brilliant performance yesterday. He creates chances, scores crucial goals and he has even got better at defending. I might add that he gives 100% every game as well.

He's not an automatic starter over Clichy for me, mainly because Cliche is so damned good as well.

But for games where we can afford to be more adventurous, or when we are in a spot and need a goal or top quality assist, what better left back. I am delighted he has come so good.

Spot on, he also has a physicality that Clichy lacks which is useful against the rough and tumble teams.

Neville Kneville said:
how soon is now said:
He has definately upped his game he seems a lot quicker than when he first arrived maybe just adapted to the premier league and his freekicks are turning into gimmes, you can know almost guarantee he will score lately or at least work the keeper .

He does look a bit quicker but still not quick enough to catch a speedy winger.

We have to be very careful which games & which moments to use him.

FantasyIreland said:
Dirty Harry said:
Skashion said:
Look, it's fairly simple and always has been. If you need to defend you play Clichy, if you need to score you play Kolarov.

I read through nearly 18 pages to see if anyone had come up with this simple offering, post earlier next time to save me the trouble will you ;-).

I will add though (as it doesn't seem to have been mentioned) but this lad is excellent for moral in the dressing room, he's a bona-fide enforcer/hardnut, fearless and brings steel to the team (something we miss in the middle of the park now Nige has gone).

If anyone remembers the episode pre season where George Evans was 'ganged up on' by a number of their players ? Kolarov was having none of it, that type quality shouldn't be under-estimated, if I had to have one City player next to me if the shit hit the fan, Kolarov would be the man.

As if either of you two need someone to back you up.
Definitely a 'stand up' bloke,however,Kompany is the man for me,Zab would also be on speed dial.......

Agreed he probably would stll get caught out by a speedy winger , just watched motd highlights and there really was only one place he could put that freekick to the right of the keeper amazing goal.

Bazzmand Show said:
I love the "Kolarov can't defend" rubbish. Because when you ask people to provide evidence, they usually can't.

Well i have

Dirty Harry said:
I read through nearly 18 pages to see if anyone had come up with this simple offering, post earlier next time to save me the trouble will you ;-)

you can't of looked very hard, i posted the below on page 7

waspish said:
And what evidence do you have? I haven't seen 1 goal conceded that directly came from his bad defending!

you mustn't go very often

MCRJON said:
Unfortunatly for young Aleks he cant defend, this aspect of the game, the great art of football, is unfortunatly completly beyond him.

Exhibit A: Villa's 4th goal
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDX48PbrrY&feature=player_detailpage#t=191s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDX48Pb ... age#t=191s</a>
see how Aleks watches Nastasic close the ball down three times before gracefully allowing Agbonlahor to breeze past him almost untouched.

also good tackle Aleks
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnPGdK_gfHU&feature=player_detailpage#t=176s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnPGdK_g ... age#t=176s</a>
you can even look at the first goal and how he gives Valencia about a year to put the cross in, he is too narrow and doesnt close.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSc4CM30WU&feature=player_detailpage#t=502s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSc4CM3 ... age#t=502s</a>
look where Larson starts from, Kolarov has to track him, you can see Kolo screaming at him to follow him as he goes to cover Bendter and in the end they are both in no mans land.

Shall i find some more? He played well yesterday going forwards, that is not in question but isnt a good enough defender. Someone posted that he made a good last ditch tackle yesterday, completly missing the fact that the reason he had to make that tackle was he had completly misjudged a harmless through ball and missed the interception.

scoutreporter said:
Neville Kneville said:
how soon is now said:
He does look a bit quicker but still not quick enough to catch a speedy winger. We have to be very careful which games & which moments to use him.

It took you 2 bloody years to make a post, and that was it?!! LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.