Kolarov

ANY1aBLUE said:
Hi again - looks like you're right - Mr Stupid here again (got a lot of mates have you?). No need for insults is there? I've got an opinion, I respect yours and enjoy debate so leave out the childishness.

Back on topic - his positioning is terrible. Teams target our left handside specifically because of Kolarov's inadequacies in basic positioning. If you dont believe me please refer to MOTD - or are we ALL wrong?? He is a coward because he ducked the challenge he should have made - but he's done it before, regularly turning his back when shots come towards him and pulling out of tackles he should make. Zabaleta for one doesn't do this and this isnt learnt - its either in you or it isnt.
Aside from that; he's too slow to be an attacking full back which is what Mancini wants. His crossing ability is limited and the much lauded shooting ability is questionable.
Other than this - he's fantastic......................my opinion? Move him on.
I don't mean you're stupid. I just think it's stupid of us to make the judgement this soon. Hell, I've been awake two and a half hours and I've already done four stupid things. I don't think I'm a stupid person. Others disagree. ;)

As for positioning, I do disagree because it's once again style of play in the Premier League. It takes time to adapt. And no, attacks don't always come down our left side. There are plenty of attacks coming in from the right, such as in the FA Cup semifinal. Both our fullbacks make errors. One doesn't challenge hard enough and one challenges too hard. Too bad we can't get them to a happy medium.

taconinja said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Hi again - looks like you're right - Mr Stupid here again (got a lot of mates have you?). No need for insults is there? I've got an opinion, I respect yours and enjoy debate so leave out the childishness.

Back on topic - his positioning is terrible. Teams target our left handside specifically because of Kolarov's inadequacies in basic positioning. If you dont believe me please refer to MOTD - or are we ALL wrong?? He is a coward because he ducked the challenge he should have made - but he's done it before, regularly turning his back when shots come towards him and pulling out of tackles he should make. Zabaleta for one doesn't do this and this isnt learnt - its either in you or it isnt.
Aside from that; he's too slow to be an attacking full back which is what Mancini wants. His crossing ability is limited and the much lauded shooting ability is questionable.
Other than this - he's fantastic......................my opinion? Move him on.
I don't mean you're stupid. I just think it's stupid of us to make the judgement this soon. Hell, I've been awake two and a half hours and I've already done four stupid things. I don't think I'm a stupid person. Others disagree. ;)

As for positioning, I do disagree because it's once again style of play in the Premier League. It takes time to adapt. And no, attacks don't always come down our left side. There are plenty of attacks coming in from the right, such as in the FA Cup semifinal. Both our fullbacks make errors. One doesn't challenge hard enough and one challenges too hard. Too bad we can't get them to a happy medium.

and one of those stupid things was coming on here to post.............LOL

avoidconfusion said:
The amount of stick he gets is just ridiculous. He is nowhere near as bad as some people on here make him up to be.

I think he is actually. Yesterday I watched 10 outfield players (12 with subs) passing the ball around with confidence, not giving the ball away and generally looking like they fit in.

And unfortunately 1 player - Kolorov - who looked completely out of his depth (again), who made countless mistakes, constantly gave the ball away and basically looked like a Stockport County player.

I am sure there must be a decent player hiding in there somewhere but for the past 20 games, we haven't seen it. I think the best we saw was in his first game before he got injured. After that he's been pretty consistently terrible.

ANY1aBLUE said:
taconinja said:

and one of those stupid things was coming on here to post.............LOL
Isn't anything involved with the internet unwise?

There's been a few occasions where the ball's come his way and he's lost concentration and allowed it to go out of play.

Funny, was literally just about to start a thread about this. Kola is possibly Mancini's worst signing. A massive disappointment and frankly, in my opinion he's just not that good.

My biggest pet peeve is that for someone who is meant to have an excellent end product (shot/cross) - he has neither. Can't think of more than two or three decent crosses he's put in since he joined - and most of his shots are row Z material. His defending is best described as haphazard, and the argument put forth that he just needs time to adjust doesn't wash. He's an experienced international that's been in our team for most of the season now and hasn't looked good enough.

Certainly for what we paid for him, we got nowhere near value for money. I'd send him back to Italy in the summer and go back to the drawing board for a left back...

Timperley Soldier said:
He will play against United at left back and we will get leathered on the back of that - never a defender in a million years (and probably more pathetically one footed than Bridge, it's embarrassing!). Valencia will absolutely annihilate him, cause he is a good winger. Would bring back massive terrible nightmares of Kancheliskis against David Brightwell. We looked forward to that with exactly the same dread - and it proved right. It was totally embarrassing!!!
thought he played quite well as it turned out

johnny crossan said:
Timperley Soldier said:
He will play against United at left back and we will get leathered on the back of that - never a defender in a million years (and probably more pathetically one footed than Bridge, it's embarrassing!). Valencia will absolutely annihilate him, cause he is a good winger. Would bring back massive terrible nightmares of Kancheliskis against David Brightwell. We looked forward to that with exactly the same dread - and it proved right. It was totally embarrassing!!!
thought he played quite well as it turned out

Wasn't Valencia subbed?

Personally think he's a good player who is still finding his way at a NEW club and NEW team mates, I understand why people are frustrated with him but more patience is required.

Lucky13 said:
I understand why people are frustrated with him but more patience is required.

I think the issue many will have with this is that he looks worse now than he did in his first game for the club, so he isn't really showing any signs of improvement. When he had the ball on his flank yesterday, awkwardly controlled it, then got tackled by the first man he tried to get past - destroying a promising attack for us - he seriously looked like a League One level player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.