Kolarov

Thaksinssoldier said:
The other 3 are solid and with Nige and gaz baz in front of him it helps us have that record.

As much as I love the guy's commitment, I actually think Zabaleta is often more of a problem than Kolarov is, but he manages to mask it with those crunching tackles of his.

He gives away FAR too many freekicks in dangerous areas, he gets turned inside out all the time, and opposition teams always pinpoint our right back area. Think about the semi-final: the rags constantly overloaded the left flank with Evra and Nani. Their two clearest chances? 1) When Nani completely did Zaba from the throw-in but Berbatov somehow missed and 2) When Zaba took out Park on the edge of the box and Nani hit the crossbar with the freekick. Not a coincidence, in my opinion.

I try to refrain from criticising players, particularly young players who tick all the boxes, but just struggle occasionally for a multitude of reasons (see Balotelli).

Kolarov on the other hand doesn't meet the criteria for either, and I've reluctantly come to the conclusion, that he is simply gash.

Gash.

His cowardice though is what really leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, particularly when you glance across to the opposite flank and see in the contrast between his game and Zabaleta's.

The very occasional goal, and a handful of decent corners don't negate from the fact that he fails at almost every basic you expect from even the most average of footballers. From positioning and intelligence, to application and athleticism, he is woeful, hopeless in fact.

By far and away the biggest disappointment of our summer signings, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Italy this summer.

No problems with the lad overall,but not getting his foot in when Ba was clearly more eager to get there first in front of our goal to get them back in the game at 2.1 was disappointing.

jamiegrimble said:
No problems with the lad overall,but not getting his foot in when Ba was clearly more eager to get there first in front of our goal to get them back in the game at 2.1 was disappointing.
To be fair, Lescott is to blame for that goal.

backs off backs off backs off

but going forward he is err oh....

*singingtheblues* said:
I try to refrain from criticising players, particularly young players who tick all the boxes, but just struggle occasionally for a multitude of reasons (see Balotelli).

Kolarov on the other hand doesn't meet the criteria for either, and I've reluctantly come to the conclusion, that he is simply gash.

Gash.

His cowardice though is what really leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, particularly when you glance across to the opposite flank and see in the contrast between his game and Zabaleta's.

The very occasional goal, and a handful of decent corners don't negate from the fact that he fails at almost every basic you expect from even the most average of footballers. From positioning and intelligence, to application and athleticism, he is woeful, hopeless in fact.

By far and away the biggest disappointment of our summer signings, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Italy this summer.

Precisely. So that ends this thread.

ANY1aBLUE said:
*singingtheblues* said:

Gash.

No, it doesn't. That's stupid. His positioning isn't bad. I'm of the opinion that fullback is the hardest position to learn between the English leagues and the continental leagues because Zabaleta for instance wouldn't get a game in as he would be on his 30th red card or so. It takes time. He isn't a coward. He's learning. It's amazing to me how many players from the past couple seasons had to live with this board calling for them to be thrown out of the club and now they're heroes. Sometimes this place redefines stupidity and not for the better.

taconinja said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
No, it doesn't. That's stupid. His positioning isn't bad. I'm of the opinion that fullback is the hardest position to learn between the English leagues and the continental leagues because Zabaleta for instance wouldn't get a game in as he would be on his 30th red card or so. It takes time. He isn't a coward. He's learning. It's amazing to me how many players from the past couple seasons had to live with this board calling for them to be thrown out of the club and now they're heroes. Sometimes this place redefines stupidity and not for the better.

Hi again - looks like you're right - Mr Stupid here again (got a lot of mates have you?). No need for insults is there? I've got an opinion, I respect yours and enjoy debate so leave out the childishness.

Back on topic - his positioning is terrible. Teams target our left handside specifically because of Kolarov's inadequacies in basic positioning. If you dont believe me please refer to MOTD - or are we ALL wrong?? He is a coward because he ducked the challenge he should have made - but he's done it before, regularly turning his back when shots come towards him and pulling out of tackles he should make. Zabaleta for one doesn't do this and this isnt learnt - its either in you or it isnt.
Aside from that; he's too slow to be an attacking full back which is what Mancini wants. His crossing ability is limited and the much lauded shooting ability is questionable.
Other than this - he's fantastic......................my opinion? Move him on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.