Kolarov

Bobby4Mayor

Pretty funny. its not news or anything

http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/06/14/kolarov/

City fans have a banner which reads: “We dream of playing in the shirt. Today God chose you. Play like we dream”. No player had followed this literally, not until Aleksandar Kolarov.

How would you play if you played for City? Badly, if you’re reading this. But how would play in your dreams? By maximising your chance of personal glory, and kicking the ball as hard as you can. Principally achieved by shooting; shooting on sight, shooting from distance, shooting from angles, shooting from corners, shooting when no-one else would. And when even he can’t see a shot on, crossing with too much power to result in a goal, merely for the simple joy of belting the ball.

And that’s how Kolarov does. There’s a difference between success and glory and Kolarov knows where he stands. The strongest claim on his abilities comes not from the needs of the team but from a desire to capture for himself as many memorable and enjoyable moments as possible.

People will call him a ‘YouTube player’, as if he only looks good on highlights reels. But he’s more than that: he plays for the sole purpose of his compilations.

People will call him a ‘FIFA player’, as if he is only looks good on consoles. But he’s more than that: he plays as if he were in a video game.

If you want productivity, go and watch Leighton Baines. But if you want playing for the fun of it, it’s all about Kolarov. Note his one trick. He skips and flicks the ball with his left foot onto his right side. It’s as redundant as Roque Santa Cruz; his right boot is useless, and he either gives the ball away afterwards, or meekly rolls the ball back onto his strong side. It’s pointless, yes, but that’s not the point.

Take the FA Cup final: one minute into the second half, Kolarov was played in, on the left, by the byline. He should have crossed to a team-mate, but he thumped a ludicrous shot wide. The most important decision of Kolarov’s time at City, and he sneered at the percentages and did what he wanted. After the timidity of Wayne Bridge and diffidence of Javi Garrido that sort of selfishness is emboldening.

Of course, I’d like a left-back that could defend. I’d like one who could tackle, head, pass, mark – who didn’t have to get mercifully dragged off after a 12 minute chasing from Matt Phillips. But there are more things in heaven and earth than usefulness: there’s doing what you want, because you can, and because you want to. There’s shooting on sight, on repeat, for the thrill of it. That’s what we dream about.

Until I read this I couldn't work out why I like the guy so much when he seems to get such stick of so many. Summed it up perfectly.

He's had a mare of a season, only jerome had a worse one.
Yet you just have to love the guy,looks like baines may be joining but I'd keep AK he'll be better for getting that season under his belt .

de niro said:
He's had a mare of a season, only jerome had a worse one.
Yet you just have to love the guy,looks like baines may be joining but I'd keep AK he'll be better for getting that season under his belt .
Struggled at first perhaps. Don't they all

S'good t'ave someone who can thump a ball from outside the area. When the likes of David S et al want to get inside the goal area before they get into 'shoot' mode, it's as though AK, after trying to knock the case off the ball, mutters "Ave it!" And then goes an gets a pint of John Smith's.

I like him quite a bit. Those unexpected shots threaten a keeper- keeps
them on their toes.

I reckon he's been told take a shot whenever he likes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.