Kolarov

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
de niro said:
jjeangi said:
What about Kolarov makes him "that sort of guy"? Not buying it.

the sort that will accept he has to up his game and will take on the challenge of a rival left back.

He is already better than Baines so he shouldnt have much trouble.
No he isn't..
Baines is alot better

I would like to suggest that the kolarov "knockers" will go the same way as the balotelli, lescott and mancini critics who were so prevalent on this site not so long ago.
As has been said by the more intelligent commentators on this site - he has been a regular member of a very successful defensive unit and this despite settling in at a new club and in a new country and also suffering a nasty injury early in his time with us.
There seems to be a death wish amongst a section of our fans - they seem to rejoice in negativity.
The team was still gelling last year, with many new signings and a new manager yet still did brilliantly .
Kolarov played his part in this .
For goodness sake get off his back!

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Teabag Express said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYyA02E-VQ4[/youtube]

im ready for kolarov to knock out ferdinand
Ferdinand will have to sit in the stands then.

His name is Rio and he watches from the stands!

As for Kolarov, yes, last season wasn't great, but I rate him and I feel he will start to show us next season, providing he gets enough games, why he was so popular when he was playing in Italy and his form will improve. That is why I wouldn't have signed Clichy, because now there is a risk Kolarov won't get enough games, won't make the improvement will end up a flop.

binns said:
I would like to suggest that the kolarov "knockers" will go the same way as the balotelli, lescott and mancini critics who were so prevalent on this site not so long ago.
As has been said by the more intelligent commentators on this site - he has been a regular member of a very successful defensive unit and this despite settling in at a new club and in a new country and also suffering a nasty injury early in his time with us.
There seems to be a death wish amongst a section of our fans - they seem to rejoice in negativity.
The team was still gelling last year, with many new signings and a new manager yet still did brilliantly .
Kolarov played his part in this .
For goodness sake get off his back!

There seem to be an element of our support unable to see faults in anyone at the club.

Kolorov's been disappointing for whatever reason. Clichy will be number one next season I believe.

I don't understand why people think that signing Clichy signals the end for Kolarov. We're going to be playing in excess of 60 games next season - providing we do well in most of the cup competitions. Do you really expect Clichy to play 40+ games when we've got Kolarov waiting to replace him?

Mancini said he wanted at least two top class players available to play in every position. At left back he now has Clichy and Kolarov to battle it out. I wouldn't have any other left-back at this club over Kolarov, no matter how good they might be. Kolarov is our player and I've warmed to him. He might not be the most stylish of left-backs, and he may lack that yard of pace some left-backs need, but he was part of the most successful defence in the Premier League last season.

And plus, getting injured in his first game really must have taken its tollon his confidence and I'd imagine it didn't exactly speed up the settling in process either.

Let's give him another season, shall we?

MCFC BOB said:
I don't understand why people think that signing Clichy signals the end for Kolarov. We're going to be playing in excess of 60 games next season - providing we do well in most of the cup competitions. Do you really expect Clichy to play 40+ games when we've got Kolarov waiting to replace him?

Mancini said he wanted at least two top class players available to play in every position. At left back he now has Clichy and Kolarov to battle it out. I wouldn't have any other left-back at this club over Kolarov, no matter how good they might be. Kolarov is our player and I've warmed to him. He might not be the most stylish of left-backs, and he may lack that yard of pace some left-backs need, but he was part of the most successful defence in the Premier League last season.

And plus, getting injured in his first game really must have taken its tollon his confidence and I'd imagine it didn't exactly speed up the settling in process either.

Let's give him another season, shall we?

Of course we need two in every position, but I would suggest that Clichy is the number one choice.

The problem with talk of settling in and injury (whilst I am sympathetic to the latter rather than the former) is that he turns slower than a pint of milk and has a left foot which appears to be the shape of a fifty pence piece. And he gets outjumped easily.

The pace thing is the real concern because you can't learn that. The only slight consolation is that Zabaleta has none either and he's learnt to adapt to a degree.

Kolarov was solid in defense today and superb going forward!

Fantastic again and looks so much faster, also that cross of his is beautiful lately.

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
Kolarov was solid in defense today and superb going forward!

Fantastic again and looks so much faster, also that cross of his is beautiful lately.
The shot he took which was blocked looked much better than last year's efforts too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.