Kolarov

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
de niro said:
jjeangi said:
What about Kolarov makes him "that sort of guy"? Not buying it.

the sort that will accept he has to up his game and will take on the challenge of a rival left back.

He is already better than Baines so he shouldnt have much trouble.

Bollox.

And coincidentally that is what he needs to find a pair of if he is to fulfill De Niro's prediction.

I don't think AK had a great season, but by the same token, he wasn't garbage, either.

He had a good semi-final, I thought; he kept nanny quiet all game and his selection for the final was a tribute to his greater attacking prowess than Zaba, IMHO.

I agree with those, who said the injury at Spuds affected him, as did the pace of the Premier League, which is a shock for most imports.

I think (and hope) he will be better next season, and if he is, our defensive record should be even better.

dennishasdoneit said:
Dax777 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Don,t be silly.

He has not had a very poor season. He has played a full part in helping city to joint 2nd in the premier league,won the fa cup and achieved champs league..one of our best seasons for 35 years.

Our 1st choice left back has helped ensure we keep a clean sheet once every two matches-only chelski had a better defensive record with an established back four who know each others game after years of playing together.

Not bad for a debut season in the toughest league in the world...or maybe you think we achieved all we did playing with ten men??
ArrrrH! We are not Joint 2nd. There is no such thing. We are 3rd. We have the same point as the team that came 2nd, but we are 3rd. It is disingenuous and down right childish to make this false claim. I see it all the time and it is annoying. :( I sincerely doubt we'd be claiming Joint 2nd had we scored more goals than Chelsea.

ok.
but what do you think about kolorov? has he had a very poor season, been wank, average or bloody good?
To answer the relevant question, yes I agree with most of the joke analysis that started the thread. I have said on many many threads that Kolarov's main problem is his offensive ineptitude. The shots, the weak dribble move, the decision making, the crosses and freekicks, are wholeheartedly poor. Every bit of it, but his defending, positioning and movement are 1st class. His tackling is average, he has stiff hips so he can be turned easily (perhaps this is part inkury related), and his recovery speed is average too.

But overall his a better defender than he gets credit for, but a very poor offensive leftback. Sadly, and funnily, a lot of City fans continue to rate his offensive attributes and bemoan his defense. When in fact the opposite should be the case.

That said, I'd like to see him fully healthy next season, and I believe that might improve his defensive skill (which are already very good) but I doubt it will do much for his offense. As all the qualities he needs to improve on offense comes from the brain!

Vienna_70 said:
I don't think AK had a great season, but by the same token, he wasn't garbage, either.

He had a good semi-final, I thought; he kept nanny quiet all game and his selection for the final was a tribute to his greater attacking prowess than Zaba, IMHO.

I agree with those, who said the injury at Spuds affected him, as did the pace of the Premier League, which is a shock for most imports.

I think (and hope) he will be better next season, and if he is, our defensive record should be even better.

pretty much what i was saying. not great,not garbage.or wank,or very poor.
with the potential to be excellent next year.
his 1st game at spurs he played lennon very well,and to the poster who suggested he grow a pair, remember he played on in agony in this match for a good 20 mins after being injured-it was obvious he couldn,t walk or run prop but he was desperate not to let city down on his league debut..can,t get much more committed than that pal.

he ended the season with a kamikaze display at wembley,in an attacking sense, but never once let stokes winger suggest for one second he could influence the match...

watching kolo break out of the fulham penalty area at speed to launch a 70 yard counter attack from his own penalty area was one of the most exciting sights of the season for me-god knows what the fulham fans in the home end were thinking when our left back led the calvery charge downfield..decent performances followed at a number of other grounds,and whilst he was found wanting on occasion, pace and even technique wise(tackling) his galvanizing runs and willingness to shoot on sight more than made up for that .

his contribution to citys best defensive record in years has to be looked at,a winners medal and top three finish with all the clean sheets-room for improvement maybe,but still reason for kolorov to be proud of his 1st season in the prem league.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:10 pm --<br /><br />
Dax777 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Dax777 said:
ArrrrH! We are not Joint 2nd. There is no such thing. We are 3rd. We have the same point as the team that came 2nd, but we are 3rd. It is disingenuous and down right childish to make this false claim. I see it all the time and it is annoying. :( I sincerely doubt we'd be claiming Joint 2nd had we scored more goals than Chelsea.

ok.
but what do you think about kolorov? has he had a very poor season, been wank, average or bloody good?
To answer the relevant question, yes I agree with most of the joke analysis that started the thread. I have said on many many threads that Kolarov's main problem is his offensive ineptitude. The shots, the weak dribble move, the decision making, the crosses and freekicks, are wholeheartedly poor. Every bit of it, but his defending, positioning and movement are 1st class. His tackling is average, he has stiff hips so he can be turned easily (perhaps this is part inkury related), and his recovery speed is average too.

But overall his a better defender than he gets credit for, but a very poor offensive leftback. Sadly, and funnily, a lot of City fans continue to rate his offensive attributes and bemoan his defense. When in fact the opposite should be the case.

That said, I'd like to see him fully healthy next season, and I believe that might improve his defensive skill (which are already very good) but I doubt it will do much for his offense. As all the qualities he needs to improve on offense comes from the brain!
i also think his positioning and movement are excellent. to me it is a step up in quality from bridge and garrido-never seen a defender who so fluidly joins or starts the attack ...he looks really classy just when he recieves the ball and decides he,s off on a a run again,his control is first class,so different to micahs clumsy/wooden attempts to do the same...

we paid a lot of money,maybe thats why some think he,s been wank or very poor.i just think he,s such a step up from wayne bridge and garrido..its been a pleasure to watch him for city-can,t wait for next season!

He's got no change of pace, the earlier stiff hipped poster was on the money...he'll be half intresting if they (his hips) can be cured/manipulated.

I've not forgot him not being willing to accept a football shot at/through him from close quarters (10/10for the dodge)...for a fullback within the 6yd box that's a mortal sin.

Fat Chance said:
He's got no change of pace, the earlier stiff hipped poster was on the money...he'll be half intresting if they (his hips) can be cured/manipulated.

I've not forgot him not being willing to accept a football shot at/through him from close quarters (10/10for the dodge)...for a fullback within the 6yd box that's a mortal sin.
He needs to exercise his brain a little more :(

The sad thing is people actually think Baines is a lot better than Kolarov, when he isn't, at all. I keep hearing about these stats like he's the best crosser in the league because of his success rates, but they're the same kind of stats that claimed Lescott was the highest scoring PL CB for 3 seasons running.

If Baines signs, he'll flop, it really is that simple. He's not a great defender, he's not special going forward, he's not Champions League standard.

dennishasdoneit said:
Vienna_70 said:

pretty much what i was saying. not great,not garbage.or wank,or very poor.
with the potential to be excellent next year.
his 1st game at spurs he played lennon very well,and to the poster who suggested he grow a pair, remember he played on in agony in this match for a good 20 mins after being injured-it was obvious he couldn,t walk or run prop but he was desperate not to let city down on his league debut..can,t get much more committed than that pal.

he ended the season with a kamikaze display at wembley,in an attacking sense, but never once let stokes winger suggest for one second he could influence the match...

watching kolo break out of the fulham penalty area at speed to launch a 70 yard counter attack from his own penalty area was one of the most exciting sights of the season for me-god knows what the fulham fans in the home end were thinking when our left back led the calvery charge downfield..decent performances followed at a number of other grounds,and whilst he was found wanting on occasion, pace and even technique wise(tackling) his galvanizing runs and willingness to shoot on sight more than made up for that .

his contribution to citys best defensive record in years has to be looked at,a winners medal and top three finish with all the clean sheets-room for improvement maybe,but still reason for kolorov to be proud of his 1st season in the prem league.

-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:10 pm --

Dax777 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
ok.

i also think his positioning and movement are excellent. to me it is a step up in quality from bridge and garrido-never seen a defender who so fluidly joins or starts the attack ...he looks really classy just when he recieves the ball and decides he,s off on a a run again,his control is first class,so different to micahs clumsy/wooden attempts to do the same...

we paid a lot of money,maybe thats why some think he,s been wank or very poor.i just think he,s such a step up from wayne bridge and garrido..its been a pleasure to watch him for city-can,t wait for next season!

i swear you must have either been watching different games to the rest of football or you are in fact AK himself.i honestly have never seen such crap written about a player who's had a terrible season. he could well turn in to the kolorov we bought and good luck to him but to date he has been dire.
my guess you think big phil is better than david villa.

TheSituation said:
The sad thing is people actually think Baines is a lot better than Kolarov, when he isn't, at all. I keep hearing about these stats like he's the best crosser in the league because of his success rates, but they're the same kind of stats that claimed Lescott was the highest scoring PL CB for 3 seasons running.

If Baines signs, he'll flop, it really is that simple. He's not a great defender, he's not special going forward, he's not Champions League standard.
Any suggestions?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.