Kolarov

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
Its a shame we, like all footy fans, must have one player to lambast.

Kolarov is a good back up and has made a contribution to our team. Recently he hasn't played as much and I think lacks match fitness because of that.

All this "drive him to the airport stuff" is a shame. Pelligrini will know how to return him to his best and that was a Kolarov worth having.

Shows how far we have come if he is our worst player.

Nice one. He's not half as bas as people make out.

Scorer of our first ever Champions League goal - that'll be a good pub quiz question in a few years.

He's as good as any backup we'll get. I'd love to hang onto him personally.

mansour's tow ropes said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
To be fair it's a bit harsh...he's not too shabby going forward...it's just a pity as a defender he's pish...there has been far worse players at City

even as an attacking full back he is way overrated, very wasteful with his shooting and crossing imo

The best crosser of the ball we had last 2 years

I don't even think he is a good backup.

I can't recall many games where I have thought he has had a good game. He either ambles through them or is just below average.

His crossing is good at times but nowhere near consistent, his freekicks are good but you don't have someone in the team just because of that.

Pellegrini insists like Mancini on having full backs as one of the main positions from where the team is built and fact of the matter is Kolarov just isn't good enough imo.

Clichy is pretty poor going forward, but only in terms of crossing. I have seen him plenty of times overlap with Silva etc creating space for them by taking players with him. Kolarov just gets the ball and does a Ronaldo chop then smashes it as hard as he can into the box if he can.

Not sure why people are saying Pellegrini will make him any better, you don't think he would have been consulted? on if he actually wanted him or not?

kenzie115 said:
I think he'll do well in Italy, especially if deployed as wing back in a 3-5-2.

Christian Maggio at Napoli is a bit the same, good as a wing back, awful as a full back.

The one thing Bobby proved to us...wing backs need pace (at least in England). Maybe they don't in Italy.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 am --<br /><br />
Real-City said:
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
Its a shame we, like all footy fans, must have one player to lambast.

Kolarov is a good back up and has made a contribution to our team. Recently he hasn't played as much and I think lacks match fitness because of that.

All this "drive him to the airport stuff" is a shame. Pelligrini will know how to return him to his best and that was a Kolarov worth having.

Shows how far we have come if he is our worst player.

Nice one. He's not half as bas as people make out.

Scorer of our first ever Champions League goal - that'll be a good pub quiz question in a few years.

He's as good as any backup we'll get. I'd love to hang onto him personally.

Not better than Zabs with Richards on the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.