Kolarov

johnmc said:
I dont think we saw the best of him

I kind of agree with this, but if we can get £10 mil for him we should do the deal and be thankful.

Is there any way back for him with the fans after what happened at the end of last season?

He is a threat though from 25 yards out and we don't seem to have anyone else. Has anyone else scored direct from a free kick in the last couple of seasons or even looked like scoring? The last one I remember, aside from Kolorov, was Tevez against Stoke after the cup final. We need someone who can test the keeper with a dead ball.

allblackcitizen said:
johnmc said:

I kind of agree with this, but if we can get £10 mil for him we should do the deal and be thankful.

Is there any way back for him with the fans after what happened at the end of last season?

He is a threat though from 25 yards out and we don't seem to have anyone else. Has anyone else scored direct from a free kick in the last couple of seasons or even looked like scoring? The last one I remember, aside from Kolorov, was Tevez against Stoke after the cup final. We need someone who can test the keeper with a dead ball.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmf0jytfhO4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4Ok9kkjII[/youtube]

Kolarov is decent in dead ball situations, it's when the ball's in play that he shits himself.

Think Jimmy scored a free kick last season too.

Alas, when the first good thing you say about a left back is his attacking ability..... alarm bells.

johnmc said:

Totally agree. Kolarov a talisman for Serbia
In a back 5 he has more protection.
Just think in the Premier League you can't rest, it's high intensity
Kolarov doesn't sense danger quick enough.
Technique is one thing, but sometimes it needs tenacity.

Juve, the last of Ogbonna and Kolarov

Eyes on ownership. From tomorrow, then Juve will return to move the other names. Meanwhile, renewed co-ownership of Sorensen in extremis. Next week, the parties will attempt to reach an agreement for Ogbonna, Juve wants to close. To define the technical counterparts, Still is the hottest name. As for Kolarov, the player is given to Beppe Bozzo, he is talking with Inter and Juve. And 'non-EU, this can slow down the possible negotiations.

- Di Marzio

Juventus target Kolarov after agreeing Tevez fee

The Serie A champions are closing in on the signing of the Manchester City star and are hopeful of also bringing the former Lazio full-back to Turin in a combined £20 million deal

Juventus have made Aleksandar Kolarov their second Manchester City target this summer alongside Carlos Tevez, Goal understands.

The Serie A outfit believe that the Serbia international will slot into their wing-back system and are hoping to take advantage of City's desire to sell the 27-year-old to secure a cut-price move.

The left-sided defender moved to the Etihad Stadium from Lazio for £16 million in 2010 and the Premier League runners-up are willing to take something of a hit on that figure as they look to cut his £90,000-a-week earnings from the wage bill.

The Bianconeri are closing in on a deal for Tevez after agreeing a £10m fee, which could rise to £15m should Juve win Serie A and reach the semi-finals of the Champions League, and they are confident of also securing Kolarov's signature for a combined outlay of around £20m.

The former Lazio star struggled to make an impression for City during 2011-12 and openly hinted that he would leave the Etihad Stadium if he could be guaranteed regular football elsewhere.

"I am in constant contact with my agent, so we will soon see what happens," he said in June 2012. "I am very happy here in Manchester but my goal is to play with greater regularity. I said it to [former boss Roberto] Mancini.

"Money has nothing to do with it and I have no problem with wages. It's simply that I would like to be able to feel more of a regular."

And, after making just 11 Premier League starts last season, Juventus believe that they can tempt the defender to move to Turin, although they will struggle to match his current salary.

City's move for Edinson Cavani, meanwhile, has hit a snag; their Edin Dzeko-plus-cash offer was rejected and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis recently claimed that they are unwilling to pay his £53.5m buyout clause in full.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/26/4072855/juventus-target-kolarov-after-agreeing-tevez-fee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... -tevez-fee</a>

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

TexasBlueMoon said:
Juventus target Kolarov after agreeing Tevez fee

The Serie A champions are closing in on the signing of the Manchester City star and are hopeful of also bringing the former Lazio full-back to Turin in a combined £20 million deal

Juventus have made Aleksandar Kolarov their second Manchester City target this summer alongside Carlos Tevez, Goal understands.

The Serie A outfit believe that the Serbia international will slot into their wing-back system and are hoping to take advantage of City's desire to sell the 27-year-old to secure a cut-price move.

The left-sided defender moved to the Etihad Stadium from Lazio for £16 million in 2010 and the Premier League runners-up are willing to take something of a hit on that figure as they look to cut his £90,000-a-week earnings from the wage bill.

The Bianconeri are closing in on a deal for Tevez after agreeing a £10m fee, which could rise to £15m should Juve win Serie A and reach the semi-finals of the Champions League, and they are confident of also securing Kolarov's signature for a combined outlay of around £20m.

The former Lazio star struggled to make an impression for City during 2011-12 and openly hinted that he would leave the Etihad Stadium if he could be guaranteed regular football elsewhere.

"I am in constant contact with my agent, so we will soon see what happens," he said in June 2012. "I am very happy here in Manchester but my goal is to play with greater regularity. I said it to [former boss Roberto] Mancini.

"Money has nothing to do with it and I have no problem with wages. It's simply that I would like to be able to feel more of a regular."

And, after making just 11 Premier League starts last season, Juventus believe that they can tempt the defender to move to Turin, although they will struggle to match his current salary.

City's move for Edinson Cavani, meanwhile, has hit a snag; their Edin Dzeko-plus-cash offer was rejected and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis recently claimed that they are unwilling to pay his £53.5m buyout clause in full.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/26/4072855/juventus-target-kolarov-after-agreeing-tevez-fee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... -tevez-fee</a>

At least hes prepared to take a dip in wages to play first team football

de Jong £4-6m, Tevez £7-12m, we may have to pay someone to take Kolorov off our hands, which I would be perfectly happy with.The only picture of Kolorov ever in my mind is his nice and relaxed jog back to his own half after yet another failed shot or cross. He never let the fact that the opposing team were, by this time, in his half with the ball affect the speed of his graceful return to his left back position.

How he ever got in the team ahead of Clichy I will never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.