kolarov

Wretched Vengeance said:
I'd rather lose Clichy than Kolarov and potentially, Cole could replace Gael and we still have that all important home-grown player.

I am not Clichy's biggest fan but replacing him with Cole would be idiotic, our squad age if we added him and Sagna would shoo through the roof.

With these FFP sanctions in place we will keep our left back situation as it is and just prioritise the areas that we really need to improve i.e. central defence, depth in defensive/central midfield and a back up right back.

Selling Kolarov this summer though would be one of the worst pieces of business we could do, he is perfect for Pellegrini's system.

sam-caddick said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
I'd rather lose Clichy than Kolarov and potentially, Cole could replace Gael and we still have that all important home-grown player.

I am not Clichy's biggest fan but replacing him with Cole would be idiotic, our squad age if we added him and Sagna would shoo through the roof.

With these FFP sanctions in place we will keep our left back situation as it is and just prioritise the areas that we really need to improve i.e. central defence, depth in defensive/central midfield and a back up right back.

Selling Kolarov this summer though would be one of the worst pieces of business we could do, he is perfect for Pellegrini's system.

I agree. I wasn't trying to suggest that is what I want to happen, it was more of a scenario should one of Gael or Aleks having to go for whatever reason.

LoveCity said:
Proelia said:
LoveCity said:
He's been offered a new contract for a good reason. He's been one of the most productive attacking left-backs in European football this year.

Replace him with Ashley Cole and we'd have a stagnant left side with Cole and Clichy offering very little in the way of attacking and assists, and no real left winger.

Mike Keegan at the MEN also said City have told him the Cole rumours are nonsense. We'll be heading into geriatric territory if we add many more aging players.
Kolorov is still average defensively, so we really need to let clichy or him go and bring in someone that does both well

Well, that isn't Ashley Cole anymore. Right now we have two distinct left-backs... one who excels defensively, one who excels offensively. Finding one who can do both at a top class level is very tough, so our current arrangement works for now. I don't see any real need to change our left-back setup unless someone really exceptional, who we can afford, appears.

Think you are selling Kolorov short on his defensive qualities I saw a big improvement this season under Pellegrini and I think that has come with more game time and his decision making as also improved from last season and I think we would do well to find a better left back than him without paying stupid money

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
LoveCity said:
Proelia said:
Kolorov is still average defensively, so we really need to let clichy or him go and bring in someone that does both well

Well, that isn't Ashley Cole anymore. Right now we have two distinct left-backs... one who excels defensively, one who excels offensively. Finding one who can do both at a top class level is very tough, so our current arrangement works for now. I don't see any real need to change our left-back setup unless someone really exceptional, who we can afford, appears.

Think you are selling Kolorov short on his defensive qualities I saw a big improvement this season under Pellegrini and I think that has come with more game time and his decision making as also improved from last season and I think we would do well to find a better left back than him without paying stupid money

I noted his improvement here: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301673&start=30#p7822953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301673&start=30#p7822953</a> - and I agree, he has improved defensively. I wouldn't say he's an elite defensive left-back but he's better than the liability at the back he was at first.

Kolarov needs to stay. It's also a disgrace that the Premier League completely overlooked him, just as many City players are being in these polls. Ben Davies and EVRA nominated before him, FFS.

Bn3BW0ACYAAk2CU.png:large

Wretched Vengeance said:
sam-caddick said:
Wretched Vengeance said:

I agree. I wasn't trying to suggest that is what I want to happen, it was more of a scenario should one of Gael or Aleks having to go for whatever reason.

I agree mate.

I think if we had no FFP sanctions to deal with I would have liked us to look for a replacement for Clichy as personally I think he has regressed.

Kolarov and Clichy, Zabaleta and Sagna, those two sets of full backs will see us good next season.
Ko

LoveCity said:
Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
LoveCity said:

I noticed his improvement here: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301673&start=30#p7822953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=301673&start=30#p7822953</a> - and I agree, he has improved defensively. I wouldn't say he's an elite defensive left-back but he's better than the liability at the back he was at first.

Kolarov needs to stay. It's also a disgrace that the Premier League completely overlooked him, just as many City players are being in these polls. Ben Davies and EVRA nominated before him, FFS.

Bn3BW0ACYAAk2CU.png:large

I thought Ben Davies was great this season to be fair, but the Evra nod is a joke, and try asking Toffees how great Baines was this season and I can promise you it wasn't them who voted in that poll. Azpilucueta for me, hate to say... he's the only player at Chelsea I actually like, and I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

His new number is apparently 11.
At least in the online club shop he is in the shirt printing dropbox as KOLAROV 11

edit: wrong thread for this. so to keep this on topic - looks like he's not going anywhere if they're giving him the number of a tricky winger ;-) ...but what does this mean for Scott Sinclair??

Dunne's own goal said:
His new number is apparently 11.
At least in the online club shop he is in the shirt printing dropbox as KOLAROV 11

edit: wrong thread for this. so to keep this on topic - looks like he's not going anywhere if they're giving him the number of a tricky winger ;-) ...but what does this mean for Scott Sinclair??

Him signing his new contract probably should have told u he's not going anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.