kolarov

He's a leader, we need people like him to see us over the line. Never hides, and is contrary to some belief a very good footballer and very good full back. We shouldn't be letting him go anywhere.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Maybe this is with possible FFP Squad sanctions in mind ... Kolarov out - Ashley Cole (homegrown) in ???

Clichy and Cole at left back, where is the attacking intent?

I think we will keep it as it is, selling Kolarov would be mad after the season he has had.

sam-caddick said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Maybe this is with possible FFP Squad sanctions in mind ... Kolarov out - Ashley Cole (homegrown) in ???

I think we will keep it as it is, selling Kolarov would be mad after the season he has had.

Ermmmm I take it you haven't watched a lot of Ashley Cole then?

He is a very good player, I'd take him for a couple of seasons.

Bilboblue said:
sam-caddick said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Ermmmm I take it you haven't watched a lot of Ashley Cole then?

He is a very good player, I'd take him for a couple of seasons.

Cole used to be a very good attacking full back but not anymore, defensively speaking there isn't much better than him though.

Kolarov's assists record this years is above most if not all left backs in Europe this season, I only know Rodriguez at Wolfsburg who has a better retutn if I remember correctly.

Our defence doesn't need changing that much, we just need a back up right back and a top class central defender to partner Kompany.

Kolarov isn't really cut out for the matches where the other team presses relentlessly, his ball skills are just a bit sub par to be put under significant pressure.

But he's a fucking savant at playing the driven cross to a deeper striker. It's unbelievable how often he seems to pick a perfect pass to a trailing player when it looks like he's got his head down and is about to drive it. I was salivating over his strikes when we bought him, but he's a superb attacking option down the flank and good enough defensively that I think he's just needing a rotational partner for matches where the pressing may expose him too much. Clichy is probably still adequate for this.

He's our best lb and one of our most efficient attacks players, we'd be stupid to sell him. Do we not have any young players at all we could bri in

Best left back in Europe , said this at Christmas and I'll say it again there is no other left back in Europe I'd rather have . Cracking full back , geezer too .

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
He's our best lb and one of our most efficient attacks players, we'd be stupid to sell him. Do we not have any young players at all we could bri in

Angelino (Jose Tasende) looks like he could be an excellent wing-back, but he's only 17 and needs to develop physically being so small. His crosses are better than most full-backs I've seen.

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Angelino (Jose Tasende) looks like he could be an excellent wing-back, but he's only 17 and needs to develop physically being so small. His crosses are better than most full-backs I've seen.

Heard big things about this kid. Wouldn't mind us bidding for shaw though lb for the next ten years, bid for fernando and get sagna ona free. Promote huws, lopes and we will be sorted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.