Kolo - Manchester City must regret selling me

The Fat el Hombre

Don't flatter yourself kolo. Has he really been that great at liverpool? Would he really have been the man to help solve our defensive problems? I doubt it. I'd rather him there than javi garcia but we've been very unlucky with injuries and you can't justify paying a play of kolo's standard (these days) 120k a week on the off chance that you get a lot of injuries in the same position and the players struggle to adapt to the managers new methods for a period of time (a problem that kolo most likely wouldn't have solved). Find the big boss quote funny though

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/11/27/4436637/-?

Liverpool defender Kolo Toure believes Manchester City must regret sanctioning his departure from the club.

The Ivorian moved to Anfield in the summer having struggled to gain first-team action in his final season at the Etihad Stadium.

Toure has already made eight league starts this season as his new club have climbed to second in the table, and the defender feels he has proven a point to City.

"Before I left the club, I told the people in charge that they would regret letting me go. People said I was finished and that I could never get back to my former level.

"But now I am at Liverpool - and I am sure that City must be kicking themselves when they see how I am performing."

Toure sees similarities between his own situation and the one brother Yaya faced when leaving Barcelona to join City in 2010.

"I have had a similar experience to Yaya," he added. "Managers come to clubs bringing players with them and they want to pick them at all costs - whether they are any good or not.

"Yaya was much better than Sergio Busquets at Barcelona. But he was behind him in the pecking order and he found that hard to accept.

"I advised him to come to Manchester City while I was still there. He listened to his big brother's advice - and now he is the big boss on the field for them."

Had he have taken a cut in wages which he must have done for Liverpool to sign him I think he could have done a really good job here. A very decent centre half who can perform at right back , just what we have needed with our injuries.

I'd have kept him over signing someone like Demichelis, who is a similar age, unproven in the Premier League, and certainly slower which is a worry given how quick our league is. I think the issue might have been wages on this one. I can't imagine Demichelis is on the kind of money Toure was on, or on the money he'd have been wanting for a new contract. Also I was under the impression that Toure wanted first team football and, as good a player as he may well be, he'd have been backup to the vastly superior Kompany when he's fit.

Matty said:
I'd have kept him over signing someone like Demichelis, who is a similar age, unproven in the Premier League, and certainly slower which is a worry given how quick our league is. I think the issue might have been wages on this one. I can't imagine Demichelis is on the kind of money Toure was on, or on the money he'd have been wanting for a new contract. Also I was under the impression that Toure wanted first team football and, as good a player as he may well be, he'd have been backup to the vastly superior Kompany when he's fit.
I actually cant get over how fast kolo is for his build... hes pretty quick still

Cityfan said:
Had he have taken a cut in wages which he must have done for Liverpool to sign him I think he could have done a really good job here. A very decent centre half who can perform at right back , just what we have needed with our injuries.

It's not only about wages, it's also about playing time. This is WC season and he wanna make it to Brazil with Ivory Coast.

It seems Liverpool is paying him a little bit under the 100 K /week.

Kolo's had a couple of shockers this season for Liverpool too and we didn't sell him, we let him go, I think an issue there might have been contract length, if he wanted more than a one year extension. Still, I don't think Kolo is going to drag Liverpool to a higher finish than City this year so I don't think we're going to 'regret' it... Personally Matty I think demichelis will be grand with a few more games under his belt, he looks like he's still getting back up to speed after that knee injury and after all he's proven himself in the bundesliga, la liga and champions league with Malaga and Bayern and in World cups with Argentina.

I was never a huge fan of his but i think we should have kept him,i doubt we would have lost so many stupid goals had he been in the team,we left ourselves open to the defensive problems we have by not bringing in someone experienced

He was good in his last year and I would have been happy enough to sign him on a one year contract.

Demichelis is fine though, so no regrets here.

kolo....you were AVERAGE......no more, no less. a squad player......so dont flatter yourself !! youre still average at scouseland, and always will be. dont give up the day job......mr car salesman......i havnt forgotten !!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.