Kolo - Manchester City must regret selling me

cityboy5 said:
dancinonfergiescoffin. said:
kolo....you were AVERAGE......no more, no less. a squad player......so dont flatter yourself !! youre still average at scouseland, and always will be. dont give up the day job......mr car salesman......i havnt forgotten !!!!!
well said staid
well said

Kolo is doing a decent job at liverpool but the real reason we miss him is cause of the Kolo/Yaya song and dance!

Nowadays there is real confusion over what to do when the yaya part ends...

He was average/crap during the vast majority of his time here, don't have any regrets whatsoever about letting him go.

Once everyone's fit, I doubt he'll be in the Liverpool team, to be honest.

Watch some of your own defending back today Kolo lad, and as to whether we regret selling you..

01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

Regarding the Car Salesman, even NDJ is a car salesman :) .

Anyhow, I am not too convinced about replacing Kolo with Demichelles, but the Argie has all the year left to prove me wrong hopefully.

Dear Kolo,

As of today, we are third, you fourth. You have a GD of 9, we have a GD of 25. And you have the little matter of a visit to the Etihad on Boxing Day (just bought my ticket for that), when a certain David Silva and a certain Vincent Kompany will be back in town. Frightening, isn't it?
Now I've never said, and never will say, that any player wearing that blue shirt is "shit". But when Kolo was in defence for us I was always terrified, frankly. He was about as fast on the turn as a double-decker bus. So no regrets. See you on the 26th…

Bit harsh on the fella. Given our injury situation it might have been wise to keep hold of him, but given his age he is certainly at the wrong end of the spectrum so can understand the club letting him go when they did.

His wage was pretty ridiculous for a guy playing 5 games a season, With Soriano et al trying to balance the wage bill he was always going to be one of the first to go.

I think he's doing alright for Liverpool, but has also had some very poor games, and even with our defence troubles (overstated IMO, we've only conceded two more goals than Arsenal) Liverpool have conceded comfortably more. Nothing to suggest we made a mistake letting him go.

MillionDollarDream said:
Pinturicchio said:
Cityfan said:
Had he have taken a cut in wages which he must have done for Liverpool to sign him I think he could have done a really good job here. A very decent centre half who can perform at right back , just what we have needed with our injuries.

It's not only about wages, it's also about playing time. This is WC season and he wanna make it to Brazil with Ivory Coast.

It seems Liverpool is paying him a little bit under the 100 K /week.

Who on the a Ivory Coast squad can overtake Kolo in the NT squad? The Toure bros are never leaving the starting rotation of that team until retirement.
Kolo doesn't start for IC anymore. Hasn't been a starter for some time now. But yes, he will make the squad regardless of playing time at club.

Kolo was ok (in particular he was very quick) and if he'd been prepared to be a squad player , we'd have kept him and he certainly would have been getting a lot of game time now which would have been to our benefit. However he wanted regular first team football which we couldn't guarantee him so he was at the end of his contract and left. It's a bit rich then IF he made that comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.