Kolo punishment

Much better than I was expecting, 6 months instead of 9 back dated to when the club / fa suspended him so hes missing pre season and a month or so of the season that's it. Couldn't get much better than this outcome tbh.

Comes back nice and refreshed. Bernstein goes in to bat for city me thinks am very happy with the outcome.

Also worth pointing out it's lead to lescott being given a chance and has let him bed in, he's no longer captain ( wasn't working that well) and it was difficult t drop him or make the change, you could argue this has worked out quite well for the club. Hes still excellent cover IMO.

alera said:
Much better than I was expecting, 6 months instead of 9 back dated to when the club / fa suspended him so hes missing pre season and a month or so of the season that's it. Couldn't get much better than this outcome tbh.

Comes back fat and out of shape. Bernstein goes in to bat for city me thinks am very happy with the outcome.

Also worth pointing out it's lead to lescott being given a chance and has let him bed in, he's no longer captain ( wasn't working that well) and it was difficult t drop him or make the change, you could argue this has worked out quite well for the club. Hes still excellent cover IMO.

I doubt it doesnt drink and they he seems to keep himself in decent shape.

I'm quite pleased with that, I was watching Sky Sports News earlier today and they seemed to think two years was the very most he could get but nine months might be what he might get, six months is a brilliant outcome. Glad for Kolo too, he didn't deserve a long ban and I think he's done very well for us this season. Looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch next season. Some might say they prefer Lescott but I think having these two guys available next season is a great thing as we will be in the Champions' League next season too which is obviously a reason as to why we need a good amount of choice.

Project said:
He can't train with the club as of today.

Apparently he can appeal the "training" aspects of the ban. Paddy Kenny was allowed to train four weeks prior to his ban ending. Thats according to this article in the telegraph:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8539994/Kolo-Toures-positive-drugs-test-leaves-Manchester-City-captain-facing-fight-to-prove-his-innocence.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... cence.html</a>

I think this is the best we could have hoped for. It could have been miles worse. Worse case scenario though, 2nd September Kolo Toure starts 6 weeks of pre season training. Should be back fully fit by the end of October/November.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Project said:
He can't train with the club as of today.

Apparently he can appeal the "training" aspects of the ban. Paddy Kenny was allowed to train four weeks prior to his ban ending.

This is good news.

I think the FA would have liked to give him more, but made a rod for their back when the were leinient with Rio. Effectively, Rio refused a drugs test. He then had two days to potentially get whatever drugs out of his system (I'm no doctor but if you have the money apparantly there are ways). Whether this is far fetched or not, Rio's case should have been treated as the worst case scenario. Surely had Kolo got longer his lawyers could have argued this point to the sports court of arbitration or whatever it is called. What message would it send out if Kolo got 12 months? "If you have drugs in your system just refuse like Rio did and only get 9 instead of 12".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.