Kolo punishment

Soulboy said:
I don't get this..." he can't train with the first team until his ban is over"...

Surely as from today (until his ban ends on September 2nd.) we will have him getting one-to-one training out in Abu Dhabi for the next three months?

I would expect him to be fully fit ON September 2nd. rather than him having to start training on that day.

i would of thought citys back room will have a program ready for him were ever he may have to do this,is he banned from the training ground or just banned form first team training would be the question!

Sorry don't get this lucky thing.
Posted this on another thread but here goes.

I totally disagree with this assertion.
In law you can either be obligatory ie Drink/Drive. Where the penalty is the same if you fail or refuse the test.
Or discretionary based on mitigating factors taken into account by the authorities.
In the former both Kolo and Camel would have been banned for two years.

In the latter the authorities would have to take into account the level of the offence, in Kolo's case the lowest, and your plea and assistance to the investigation.
In Camels case they could not determine what, if anything, was in his system. He was felt to have hampered the investigation, some reports are that he was aided by his club, and
pleaded not guilty to the offence.

I actually think they got it dead right. Showing that honesty is the best policy!

LongsightM13 said:
Squatter said:
6 months for a failed drug test. Who administers this "punishment"? The f.a?
Boo fucking hoo, ragboy. What you people fail to understand is that the penalty for refusing to take a test must be harsher than taking a test and failing. Otherwise, guess what? Nobody would submit to a test.
It's a long established legal principle used, for example, in drink driving cases.
Your username is hilarious, by the way. Really funny, well done, I'm sure you and your pals on Sad Cafe have a great laugh about it. We live in a council house, like loads of Mancunians.
By the way, which club had to go cap in hand to their neighbours and ask to doss on their sofa for a few years after the war? Or play European ties at their neighbour's ground. because they couldn't afford floodlights?

Cool story. You're the only rag here "longsight". Clearly indicating you've been watching all rag games from a long way off, like most rags in China.

How should failed tests get a shorter punishment than a missed one? My point was Ferdinand submitted an even more rigorous test the next day and passed. And speaking failed tests, why do players like Paddy Kenny get longer punishments?

Take the specs off, Kolo cheated. Taking weight loss pills is cheating. It should carry a longer sporting punishment than cocaine for example - which isn't performance enhancing for anything other than talking gibberish. You're probably high as shit right now.

Squatter said:
How should failed tests get a shorter punishment than a missed one? My point was Ferdinand submitted an even more rigorous test the next day and passed. And speaking failed tests, why do players like Paddy Kenny get longer punishments?

What, you mean 24 hours later, when he could have used many different methods to flush whatever he'd potentially taken from his system? If it makes no difference if you take the test today or tomorrow then there wouldn't be such a rigorous testing schedule.

Also, the FA heard what Paddy Kenny had ot say regarding how he got his substance in his system, and they rejected his version of events. They heard Toure's case, and believed him, so, totally different scenario.

Squatter said:
Take the specs off, Kolo cheated. Taking weight loss pills is cheating. It should carry a longer sporting punishment than cocaine for example - which isn't performance enhancing for anything other than talking gibberish. You're probably high as shit right now.

Err, no, taking weight loss pills is NOT cheating. Taking THOSE SPECIFIC pills caused a banned substance to get into his system. Toure regularly takes weight loss control pills, however HIS pills contain no banned substances. On the day in question HIS tablets had run out and he, foolishly, took his wifes pill thinking the contents would be similar. They weren't.

If you're going to argue the case then at least research your points before making them.

Squatter said:
Taking weight loss pills is cheating. It should carry a longer sporting punishment than cocaine for example - which isn't performance enhancing for anything other than talking gibberish. You're probably high as shit right now.

Really?

Cocaine is a CNS stimulant - it heightens the senses along with speeding up the metabolism and blunting appetite - the obvious buzz properties aside,i know athletes who have used it for that very reason.

Avoiding a drugs test should carry the maximum punishment as it can only be concluded you have something to hide and are seeking more time in an effort to mask your indiscretions.

As has been said, the penalty for a missed drugs test should be greater, or the same, as that for a failed one. I would ask though, do they take into account the 'quality' of the ban i.e. whether the player will miss major tournaments or events within the sport?

Ferdinand got 8 months but some of you say that included the European Championships. If so I would see that as a pretty severe ban. Whereas Paddy Kenny, as much as I'm sure he loved playing, didn't really miss anything major at all.

In this sense was Kolo's ban shorter also because he had missed the FA Cup final? Arguably 6 months at the end of the season and missing a cup final is more severe than 9 months at the start of the season with nothing but a regular league schedule.

I think the ban is more than fair for that reason, as well as the precedent set by Ferdinand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.