Kolo Toure [Merged]

lc-mcfc said:
C_T_I_D said:
£16,000,000 is a lot of money for a player with one year left on his contract.

£25,000,000 for Adebayor
£16,000,000 for Kolo Toure

Total: £41,000,000

Congratulations. We've just funded Arsenals transfer activity of the summer.

Wenger doesn't spend money.

I'm glad Wenger's getting money , yes he may have to pay the rent off with it but he also may create another great footballing team. Bring it on I say , I want city to beat the best in a fair fight.
None of the big4 have strengthened IMO and for someone like me who enjoys watching good football that's a bad thing

I'm not saying they're not top notch, quality players. I'm just observing that we are paying Arsenal a lot of money for them and that as top four place competitors it could work against us. It's not necessarily a negative statement.

C_T_I_D said:
£16,000,000 is a lot of money for a player with one year left on his contract.

£25,000,000 for Adebayor
£16,000,000 for Kolo Toure

Total: £41,000,000

Congratulations. We've just funded Arsenals transfer activity of the summer.

So dont buy any players from the Premiership as this will allow them to spend in the transfer market, it is obviously much better to buy untried players from foreign teams to play as this works everytime (Corradi, Bianchi, Jo, Vuoso)

DOH!!!

C_T_I_D said:
I'm not saying they're not top notch, quality players. I'm just observing that we are paying Arsenal a lot of money for them and that as top four place competitors it could work against us. It's not necessarily a negative statement.

It does read a little negative though buddy. Personally I am not bothered about others, they are the right signings for us and thats what matters mate

lee-mcfc said:
all the arsenal fans are crying about this transfer because they rate kolo very highly :)

Some of them, you mean.

One of them emailed Talk Shite and described him as "pathetically bad". Then again they would say that wouldn't they? And for some reason, he also complained about the African Nations Cup and couldn't understand why MH has now bought two players (almost) with commitments to that competition early in the season. Why should a gooner care about that?

Trouble with the fans of ther clubs is their tendency to decide that former players are shite the minute they walk out the door. We are as bad as anyone for this, though, in case anyone things we're any better in this regard.

John Terry is totally shit, btw.

C_T_I_D said:

Good grief CTID, lets walk before we run , let's get to the situation where we are in competition with the big4 and then let's moan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.