Kolo Toure [Merged]

Trigger said:
C_T_I_D said:
£16,000,000 is a lot of money for a player with one year left on his contract.

£25,000,000 for Adebayor
£16,000,000 for Kolo Toure

Total: £41,000,000

Congratulations. We've just funded Arsenals transfer activity of the summer.

So dont buy any players from the Premiership as this will allow them to spend in the transfer market, it is obviously much better to buy untried players from foreign teams to play as this works everytime (Corradi, Bianchi, Jo, Vuoso)

DOH!!!

No but for every one of them bad players there is Kompany, De Jong, Petrov and Robinho. Vouso was an unknown quantity by the way as he never made an appearance for us so we never knew whether he'd work or not as he wasn't given a chance. Jo seems to be doing well @ Everton. Bianchi is wanted by Roma and Corradi I'll agree on.

More to the point one of those signings was Kevin Keegans (Vouso) and the rest were Svens so that doesn't stand up really does it. It is other managements assessment of these players abilities and so far Hughes has proven a superior judge of player.

FAO Chance...

vader-fail.jpg

Pam said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Wenger won't spend any of it anyway so stop moaning

So we should never sign anyone from the Sky Four in case they spend the money on buying themselves a new player?
What you on about? I couldn't care less how much we paid, we've taken their best defender and best striker off them

C_T_I_D said:
£16,000,000 is a lot of money for a player with one year left on his contract.

£25,000,000 for Adebayor
£16,000,000 for Kolo Toure

Total: £41,000,000

Congratulations. We've just funded Arsenals transfer activity of the summer.

Apologies if it's been said already but he has two years left on his contract mate.

And who cares if we fund them, I would rather have players on the pitch than money in someone else account.

SSN: due to fly back from Austria for medical and personal terms talks within next 24hrs

GET IN!!!!!!!!

"King Kolo - heart of a Lion"

Goats left knee said:
all the gunners fans i know said we would never get him/he is their best defender
i just had quick glimpse on an arsenal forum the three pages i read not 1 gooner was happy he's coming to us there all gutted, a few on there seem to think gallas is of next week aswell! didn't say where!!

Pam said:
lee-mcfc said:
all the arsenal fans are crying about this transfer because they rate kolo very highly :)

Some of them.

well most on the arse forum are not happy

Clrnc (Forum Member) on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm

So is he really going? :(

Just when his form is up and playing well for us, hes gone...
hahah^^^^^

Overall I have to say I agree with the going for proven quality route. It worked for Chelsea at the end of the day.

The odd punt on players like Bruno Alves would be good though not that he is much of a risk.

Toure would easily get into Liverpools back 4 as well as Arsenal. Hes just fallen out with Wenger and Gallas big time and they will get nothing for him in a years time so its good business. If he had 3 years left on his contract I very much doubt Arsenal would be selling him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.