Kolo Toure to Galatasaray

Hi guys,

im a Gala fan. i wanna ask you some question.

Why dont you want Toure? İs he really bad here?

im asking this because we need a leader in defence with CL experience, with pace, good passing, good positioning, good arial game, whos get used to agressive and hard football.

i looked at the statics of Liverpool 2-2 game, he had 7 tackles(highest tackles with Zabaleta) and 1 interceptions.

We also linked with Rolando from Porto. if you were us, would you take him over Rolando?

Thanks in advance.

Forza Manchester City.

Donanimhaberdeki Tüm Galatasaray bölümüne selam.

Galatasaray in talks with Manchester City over Kolo Toure
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3458</a>

Seems Galatasaray are definitely interested, could be win-win for all sides, Toure gets Champions League football and shot at domestic honours, we clear our wage bill.

Xelcuk said:
Hi guys,

im asking this because we need a leader in defence with CL experience, with pace, good passing, good positioning, good arial game, whos get used to agressive and hard football.

i looked at the statics of Liverpool 2-2 game, he had 7 tackles(highest tackles with Zabaleta) and 1 interceptions.

We also linked with Rolando from Porto. if you were us, would you take him over Rolando?

Thanks in advance.

Forza Manchester City.

Well, he hasn't been great lately, but he has not been as bad a signing as people have made out.

To begin with he was arguably better than Lescott. However, Lescott got an extended run with Kompany and they formed formed a solid partnership. It could be argued that anyone would look solid next to Kompany and Toure may have looked just as good, or even better, as Lescott if he had been given the same opportunity.

The truth is though that he is getting old and it is hard to tell whether he has sginificantly declined in ability during his enforced break, or whether he hasn't been able to regain his form. Either way, he would not have long left at the top.

There have been flashes of brilliance from him. Last year he came on very early in a game at right back. In that game he looked the goods again. Yet everytime we have seen him since, though very intermittenly, he has been average and looked vulnerable when dragged into wide areas and forced to deal with someone running at him. In fairness on these occassions has played as part of a back 3, which he is probably not suited to. I believe he would be much more solid playing centrally as part of a back 4.

The problem is that he will not age well like Lescott and even Terry as he did use to rely on pace primarily and he does not have the strength or the arial prowess to sit deep.

Xelcuk said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Forza Manchester City.

He will be good for Turkish league .Take him ,he is very good;/

Xelcuk said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Forza Manchester City.

Welcome!

Personally I would keep him. He put in many excellent performances last season when partnered with Micah Richards.

We bought a young defender on less wages (Nastasic), so the manager will prefer to get him experience over the older defender on high wages.

Kolo Toure is still quality, he just needs match fitness.

if saturday's performance is anything to go by i'd drive him to istanbul....absolute garbage and if it hadn't been for vinny covering so quickly he could have cost us 3 points!!!

Now weve got Nastasic I would let him go. Bit of a liability at times.

Having said that if he keeps Yaya happy then let him stay!

The wage bill is screaming: Yes!

Honestly, atm he is so overpaid that even if it leaves us a bit thin in terms of natural central defenders it's worth it. Am i right that if he stays someone would have to be left out from the CL squad? That would probably be Kolo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.