Kompany and Demichelis

We have five centre halves in the squad and our defensive tactics do not suit four of them.

Only Demichelis suits Pellegrini's style of defending, it has and is making Nastasić Mangala and Kompany look like far worse players than they actually are. Boyata isn't particularly good anyway.

blue roo said:
agyeiboateng said:
I find Demi to be much better than Mangala and that is scary. Demi is much older but still I haven't seen anything from Mangala that screams world class, or future man city CB. i know the PL takes time in adjusting to, but with defenders they either have it or they don't. How many defenders have started as poor defensively as Mangala and ended up world class. Bar his debut I haven't seen one very good performance from him since. He isn't even that good on the ball which makes matters worse. Luiz was a poor defender but at least he was comfortable with the ball.

He is like the CB version of M.Richards.

So yeah...Demi and Company till the season end.

"How many defenders have started as poor defensively as Mangala and ended up world class" ..... Try Vidic and Evra for a couple of starters. Evra's debut was as bad a performance I have seen in the Prem.
Vidic was ordinary for a long while ..... the rest is history.

Give the bloke a chance , he is still young , raw and getting used to to a new league , team and country.

Sorry mate, if you find that scary then you know little about football. One has played at every level for many many years and has plied his trade in many a competion, including a world cup final. The other is just starting out on his journey. I totally expect one to be much better than the other at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.