Kompany-citys best ever centre back?

stony said:
Garden Of Edin said:
Agree, he's world class. This summer top, top teams will be after him.

He's already at one.

Barcelona-esque.
We're quite off being a top, TOP team.

2 excellent seasons in England now, never seen him put a foot wrong.

Van Buyten was brilliant when he was here, but he didn't play enough game for his flaws to be seen. He's not a top defender, he never has been, he just put in a few good performances at a time when City had not seen a top defender for a decade or so.

I'd have to say Colin Hendry. After Kolo, surely he's the only other City defender to have won the Premiership (That might be wrong).

JM

city have had some excellent centre halves down the years and Kompany is just below the top level for me at the moment due to frequently misplacing a pass - his ball winning is great and i don't think there's a better centre half in the prem at the mo

of the older ones - though i haven't followed this thread in full - has anyone remembered kenny clements? came thru and started as full back before being switched to centre half where he had a couple of excellent seasons for us.

doyle booth and watson cannot be bettered imho

When you think about the mid 70's we had three classy centre half's with Watson, Doyle and Booth I wonder how much they would cost in today's market? And I suppose more importantly which two would you start with? might be sacrilege to some but from my hazy days it would be Watson and Booth.

apologies it should have been -

Watson
Doyle
Booth
Kompany
Ewing
Distin
Van Buyten
Curle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.