Kompany hits out at City critics

Well said Vinny.

Has been getting better and better since he came back from injury last season ,and what a fantastic start he made on saturday

I didn't have a lot of confidence in him and Kolo hitting the ground running, but they did. I give them 8/9 out of 10 for saturday.

Best of all - no one in the league walks with a mancunian swagger like our Vinnie.

Come on Liverpool - bring on Ngog or Torres - you'll be up against 2 proper defenders and a decent keeper next week!

The jury was still out for me with vinny,but the performance he put in saturday was brilliant, sorry for doubting you big man.

Vinnie is fast becomming one of my favourite players at City. He's an absolute beast physically and is equally adept at CM or CB (and our best CB at that!)

An absolute bargin considering what we've spent on Lescott and Toure by comparison. Sounds like a great bloke too - he was a pundit for a couple of televised City games whilst he was injured last season and I thought he spoke really well.

Was a bit worried that he was touted by Arsenal since he was 15, which made me think that Wenger found a flaw in his game - and tbh Wenger gets those things right nearly every time (barring Franny Jeffers lol)

He could have easily gone on the scrapheap at City as he was out for periods last season, he wasn't a Mancini signing and isn't arguably a "superstar" name. Credit to the lad he's not whinged, moaned or bitched once, He's taken all the additions (Toure, Lescott, Boateng) head one and has got his rewards.

City's best defender.

Just having a look at the comments made on this article on sky sports and i noticed the 2 types of united fans.

First we have the rag who forgets united have been paying 30million for players long before us, no one ever complained when they did it.

Luke Smith (Manchester United fan) says...

How are manchester city not ruining football?! is the question! They''ve pushed up transfer fees and wages for average players for everyone in europe, James Milner is not worth 30million! They also have some of the best young English talent in Richards, A,johnson etc im worried as season after season goes by they arent gonna get a look in and then left to rott in reserves as City just revamp their team every year. What ever happened to Michael Johnson?!?! I heard that they were after Ibrahimovic and would pay him up to 500,000 a week!! which is utterly ridiculous. FiFA need to start bringing in caps to ensure this doesnt get too out of hand.

Next we have a united fan who seems to actually be a football fan and is looking forward to the compeition, which i think it the right attitude.. even if he is red.

Mike Silverton (Manchester United fan) says...

To me the managers complaining are just jealous of the wealth and money City now have at their disposal. At the moment they are building themselves a team capable of being one of the best in the World, so sure they need to spend a lot of money, whats the problem? I think it is adding excitment to the Premier League another team that is capable of breaking the top 4. The only problem is now that a lot of expectation and pressure is on the team and Mancini to gel and play as a team. And after watching them against Spurs on Saturday shows they havent played together but time will tell.....

nice one vinny very good comments esp. about people who wants up to fail go and support utd pmsl about time someone came out and stuck up for the club has all we read/hear is mostly bad press and always mention how much we spent

Vinny is a absolute star and a true profesional, he knows the influx of bought in talent will push him for a position, yet he has enough confidence to know"on my day im as good as anyone" im not a blue moaner, but if bellerz and given cant use this new impotus to up their game then they must have doubts about thier own capabilities

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.