Kompany hits out at City critics

ManCityX said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6315596,00.html

Vincent Kompany has hit out at critics of Manchester City's big spending, claiming it is good for English football.

The versatile 24-year-old Belgian is not happy at criticism levelled at the club by the likes of Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey and Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner, who have claimed their new-found wealth is ruining the game.

Kompany claims City's cash influx is good for football and says other clubs are hoping for a similar situation with regards to their owners.

"It is good for English football what is happening here, no matter what people are saying," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"Everybody is enjoying it, even if they are criticising us. If they are saying positive stuff, our fans are enjoying it.

"Nobody was complaining about having a top four. You want to have a competitive league and big spending attracts the top players.

"Everybody's kind of hoping for a similar situation to happen to their club.

"I understand the situation, I have no problem with people giving their opinion and not being happy about it but all we can do is go out and play and we are happy the season has started."

City kicked off their Premier League campaign with a 0-0 draw against Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Saturday, and Kompany insists Roberto Mancini's men are not lumbered with the pressure of expectation.

"It's fine, we just need to be able to deal with the pressure and I have no problem with that," he added.

"It doesn't matter if people want us to fail. We know that nearly 50,000 people at Eastlands want us to do well. Go and support United if you have a problem with it"

reeled me in with that ya bastard looked like a twat when a told my dad..................still pretty funny tho.

Does anyone remember big Colin Hendry being pressed by an interviewer to state his support for scum in a European match (I think it was post-match after the 3-3 derby 90-91) and refusing to do so?

HE'S BIG,
HE'S QUICK
HE'S GOT A 12 INCH D**K
KOMPANY, KOMPANY!

Always a starter for me on Fifa ;)P

Seems a top man and very articulate. Should be Captain imho. Has been our most solid and consistent performer since he came back from injury last year I think.

KompanyTacklevsSpuds.jpg

THOU SHALT NOT PASS!!!

Credit to him we need more of our players to start defending our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.