Kompany Is Overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if hes so overated name 5 better centre halves in the league who are both better and more reliable..

ok, two observations. i've been telling anyone who'd listen that little vinny is the best centre half at the club since hughes first started him, this time last year. he's improved since then. next, its taken a couple of years, but australia finally seems to have given us their own answer to NBC/ Millsy. an infant wum, possibly a bit self delusional, but he doesnt mean any real harm.

For me, I'd make him captain.

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if someone else has posted this view.

This made me laugh.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f9/kompany-99159/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f9/kompany-99159/</a>

The original poster is entitled to his opinion, he can't help it if his opinion is wrong on every conceivable level.

Kompany is so underrated it's untrue. City fans who get to see him week after week truly appreciate how good he really is, the media, and opposing fans, don't realise the level he can play at.

ono said:
I'm more annoyed that people keep talking about Pique like he is world class.

His game hasn't kicked on as much as people would have you believe. The difference is, he plays for a club side who completely dominate possession and he plays for an international side who play the same way. Barcelona and Spain are very rarely on the back foot, and he's rarely under any kind of pressure. He's certainly never under any sustained pressure.

On the odd time that they are, Pique's decision making is often fairly poor, as are his concentration levels. What he does have is very good technical ability, and this seems to lead to people over-rating him quite drastically.

Defensively he is good, but like most defenders, he is good within a certain system. Take him out of that system and holes will start to appear in his game.

Another player who pundits go over the top with is Vermaelen at Arsenal. The fact that he scores a lot of goals, glosses over the fact that positionally he is pretty poor. Again his concentration isn't the greatest. I think City made a point out of this for the 3 goals we scored in the 2nd half of the 4-2 win over Arsenal. Other good sides have also made a point of nailing Arsenal on the counter attack.

As for Kompany, City fans probably do over-rate him slightly, but he is only just starting to get recognition from pundits and the media. We've conceded 2 goals in 9 games. 1 being a penalty for a foul on a guy who was offside, and the other being a bit of a goalkeeping blunder. Kompany and Toure are working very well within our system, and part of that is due to us dominating possession in most games.

The good thing is, we know Kompany and Toure are solid even when teams throw the kitchen sink at us. I wouldn't be so sure about saying the same thing about Pique, or John Terry. Maybe Terry would have relished that sort of game 3 or 4 years ago, but not so much now.

On a side note, we shouldn't under-estimate Mancini's part in turning a defensive shambles, into one of the best defences in the league.

Interesting points, which other 23 year old, despite being technically very good and being world champion, plus 1 UEFA CL, 2 La Ligas, 1 Copa del Rey, 2 Supercopas de España, 1 UEFA Super Cup and 1 FIFA Club World Cup and 1 PL and a further 1 UEFA CL, with a club in another country, do you think is over rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.