Kompany Is Overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If - and I do stress IF - Lynx really is a 16 year old kid from the other side of the world then he may only be guilty here of trying to be too clever.
I did the same kind of thing when I was a bit younger than he claims to be.
I would, for example, vociferously defend the virtues of a target of the boo-boys to my older brother and claim that the player was mis-understood. That he was actually vital to the team but others couldnt see that.
I know thats the opposite to what Lnyx has done here but it may just amount to the same thing - to make a wild claim to older folk as if to say 'Look how clever I am going against the grain. That must mean I really understand football'.

Having said that, Lynx has alluded in his OP that he has seen the NDJ thread - and the flak Sabsters has taken - so the likelihood is that he is a WUM looking for attention.

Lynx about a minute ago.

[bigimg]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2THv_Ts9RYQ/R0-E2AosCaI/AAAAAAAAAKg/mSO5BfaXSwg/s1600-R/001-Trawler_fish_catch.-overfishing-1.jpg[/bigimg]

I honestly wouldnt swap Kompany for any other CB in world football today.

He was magnificent on Saturday and has been for a while now.

Will only get better as well.

Haha Vincent Kompany overated that has too be the funniest thing iv ever heard. Man of the match yesterday, I mean I admire any centre half who can keep a clean sheet against such a potent strike force as chelsea's, but to put on such a dominant display against them means there's only one way to describe VK and that is sheer world class. And the best thing he's only 24, future city captain and legend in my book.

I'd say the complete opposite, that he's UNDERrated.

Only now are the media realising how much quality he has and giving him the recognition he deserves.

A full two years after he signed.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
know you are probably on a wind-up but i'll say it anyway, Kompany is the best CB in the league bar none.

No way. Once he performs at this level for a few years maybe, but not at the moment.

LYNX said:
Carney said:
I disagree.

Vincent company is one of the most accomplished central defenders in the premier league. He's strong, good in the air, good on the deck and his use of the ball is good. He knows when he can play and when to get rid. Add to that the fact there are few more consistent and I believe we have one hell of an asset in Vincent Kompany and a leading contender for the long term club captaincy.

Accomplished Premier league defenders have the ability to score and run very fast, Kompany has neither of those.
Yeah coz Terry, Hangelaand and Vidic are well rapid and score 40+ a season.

I'm more annoyed that people keep talking about Pique like he is world class.

His game hasn't kicked on as much as people would have you believe. The difference is, he plays for a club side who completely dominate possession and he plays for an international side who play the same way. Barcelona and Spain are very rarely on the back foot, and he's rarely under any kind of pressure. He's certainly never under any sustained pressure.

On the odd time that they are, Pique's decision making is often fairly poor, as are his concentration levels. What he does have is very good technical ability, and this seems to lead to people over-rating him quite drastically.

Defensively he is good, but like most defenders, he is good within a certain system. Take him out of that system and holes will start to appear in his game.

Another player who pundits go over the top with is Vermaelen at Arsenal. The fact that he scores a lot of goals, glosses over the fact that positionally he is pretty poor. Again his concentration isn't the greatest. I think City made a point out of this for the 3 goals we scored in the 2nd half of the 4-2 win over Arsenal. Other good sides have also made a point of nailing Arsenal on the counter attack.

As for Kompany, City fans probably do over-rate him slightly, but he is only just starting to get recognition from pundits and the media. We've conceded 2 goals in 9 games. 1 being a penalty for a foul on a guy who was offside, and the other being a bit of a goalkeeping blunder. Kompany and Toure are working very well within our system, and part of that is due to us dominating possession in most games.

The good thing is, we know Kompany and Toure are solid even when teams throw the kitchen sink at us. I wouldn't be so sure about saying the same thing about Pique, or John Terry. Maybe Terry would have relished that sort of game 3 or 4 years ago, but not so much now.

On a side note, we shouldn't under-estimate Mancini's part in turning a defensive shambles, into one of the best defences in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.