Kompany - next season

Our Florence Nightingale
The whole team was shameful today with Kompany being at the lead. I did not spot him even attempting to galvanize or motivate or even shout at any of the players during the match as a captain should do

Kompany is one of my favorite players and I see him as one of the best players in the world but today he revealed something that my admiration for him hindered me from at least considering as a possibility.

He is a footballer like the rest and footballers tend to follow a line of thinking if they have issues with the manager- play bad, manager goes. Harsh indictment but that can only be the inference from such a weird performance today. So I guess that's what he is expecting to be ''sorted out'' in the summer. I mean why did he turn his back and faced the other way for a prolonged period of time at the tunnel before the match when Mancini was in front of the line about to lead the team out. It was rather awkward but for I see it as something even more.

This is why I get encouraged when I see a young player coming through but unfortunately they have not been given the chance so far and the hard-hitting fact is that most are not good enough.But I see the efficient development and use of young players coming through the system as the only cure to this city- made recent endemic, this disease of emotional detachment.

Kompany is a probably healthy ( I hope so) but there are many in the team that are struck with this disease and Kompany as captain should at least be the nurse and give the other players a vaccine or antidote by injection of the therapeutic dose of passion and authentic emotions in situations like this to inspire the team to fight of the pestilence and ultimately overcome.

He failed today.

Blueband Brother said:
Our Florence Nightingale
The whole team was shameful today with Kompany being at the lead. I did not spot him even attempting to galvanize or motivate or even shout at any of the players during the match as a captain should do

Kompany is one of my favorite players and I see him as one of the best players in the world but today he revealed something that my admiration for him hindered me from at least considering as a possibility.

He is a footballer like the rest and footballers tend to follow a line of thinking if they have issues with the manager- play bad, manager goes. Harsh indictment but that can only be the inference from such a weird performance today. So I guess that's what he is expecting to be ''sorted out'' in the summer. I mean why did he turn his back and faced the other way for a prolonged period of time at the tunnel before the match when Mancini was in front of the line about to lead the team out. It was rather awkward but for I see it as something even more.

This is why I get encouraged when I see a young player coming through but unfortunately they have not been given the chance so far and the hard-hitting fact is that most are not good enough.But I see the efficient development and use of young players coming through the system as the only cure to this city- made recent endemic, this disease of emotional detachment.

Kompany is a probably healthy ( I hope so) but there are many in the team that are struck with this disease and Kompany as captain should at least be the nurse and give the other players a vaccine or antidote by injection of the therapeutic dose of passion and authentic emotions in situations like this to inspire the team to fight of the pestilence and ultimately overcome.

He failed today.

Absolute bollocks - you'll see a lot of shouters playing football on the parks tomorrow. He was our best player today and barely put a foot wrong.

Dont get me wrong, he hasn't hit the highs of last season this season, but today he played well and led by example

Pingu the Penguin said:
Blueband Brother said:
Our Florence Nightingale

He failed today.

Absolute bollocks - you'll see a lot of shouters playing football on the parks tomorrow. He was our best player today and barely put a foot wrong.

Dont get me wrong, he hasn't hit the highs of last season this season, but today he played well and led by example

You obviously missed him diving into about 20 tackles and missing the ball leaving Nasty isolated at the back. Top defenders always stay on their feet.

Pingu the Penguin said:
Blueband Brother said:
Our Florence Nightingale

He failed today.

Don't get me wrong, he hasn't hit the highs of last season this season, but today he played well and led by example

The whole team played badly today including kompany but my point was that he did not motivate the team ( Im just repeating myself now). To say he led by example is simply not the case.
The players let the club down today and he was the leader and did nothing to stop it, he was part of it.

Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero have all been injured or been anonymous when push comes to shove.

Zabaleta, Nastasic and Tevez have been our best players this year.

Pingu the Penguin said:
Blueband Brother said:
Our Florence Nightingale

He failed today.

I agree ......

Kompany was our best player today , and at least looked like the defeat had hurt him .

Kompany is a class act and I wouldn't swap him for anyone at the back.

But that performance (and several others this season) was missing a proper cnut in midfield like, dare I say it, that wankstain Keane. Or, more preferably, someone like Vieira, a proper player but with a massive pair of bollocks to go with it.

Yaya is the best midfielder in the league but he is not going to offer his own teammates out if they aren't putting a shift in. Those two would. And because they would, they usually didn't have to.

@BluePhil8 said:
Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero have all been injured or been anonymous when push comes to shove.

Zabaleta, Nastasic and Tevez have been our best players this year.

Silva and Yaya were passengers today and obviously not fully fit. Our manager took off Tevez because he always takes Tevez off every single game at some point 99/100 times.

black mamba said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
Blueband Brother said:
Our Florence Nightingale

He failed today.

I agree ......

Kompany was our best player today , and at least looked like the defeat had hurt him .

Being the best player in the team today is not indicative of anything positive in light of the overall performance. Besides I think he did not play that well. As i said, he obviously cares (healthy) but failed to inspire the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.