Kompany - next season

I use the word "systems" in the simple sense that when you have certain types of players you devise a way of playing to maximise their particular qualities - but watching today's debacle , I got the impression that some of the best players in the country didn't know what they were doing !
Some say that the players must take responsibility and up to a point that is true , but ultimate responsibility must lie with management , the ones that are responsible for strategy and tactics - the ones that make the decisions on how those players work together- making sure that they all have confidence and security in the things they are being asked to do.

To be fair Kompany didn't do much wrong. The defence did better than OK. The rest of the team however...

BlueAnorak said:
To be fair Kompany didn't do much wrong. The defence did better than OK. The rest of the team however...
Zabaleta did a lot wrong

In general our defence snuffed out every Wigan attack although Mcmanaman was a thorn in Clichy's side. We still just about collectively dealt with his runs though. So much so that they didn't get a shot on target in 90 mins

The midfield play was pedestrian, and once again Aguero went missing. Happened too many times this season.

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Zabaleta did a lot wrong

In general our defence snuffed out every Wigan attack although Mcmanaman was a thorn in Clichy's side. We still just about collectively dealt with his runs though. So much so that they didn't get a shot on target in 90 mins

The midfield play was pedestrian, and once again Aguero went missing. Happened too many times this season.

Zabaletta was put under pressure far too often by The AWOL midfiled in front of him (Till Milner came on). He did OK. But the Barry fuck up gave him no option.

BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Zabaleta did a lot wrong

Zabaletta was put under pressure far too often by The AWOL midfiled in front of him (Till Milner came on). He did OK. But the Barry fuck up gave him no option.
I haven't seen it on TV. At the time I thought there were enough players back for City to deal with it without taking him out

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Zabaleta did a lot wrong

To be fairr to Aguero, he was up against 3 CBs all day.

Wigan's 3-5-1-1 meant that both he and our midfield were outnumbered and because we don't play with wingers (which I have no problem with) it worked a treat.
If ever there was a time for RM to play his 3-5-2 it was today.

As for Kompany not apologising, so? Why should he? Because we played poorly and it cost money to go to wembley? That's part of football. It can happen. Apologising? When did football fans become so precious?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.