Kompany [Not] Injured - Starts today PT 2.

dave_blue12 said:
I'm sorry but Vinny is not currently the World class CB some of you seem to think he is. His performance level has dropped in the past 2 years and this season he has made multiple mistakes. MDM is currently our best CB !

I love the guy and he is our captain but he cost us yesterday and has cost us at other times too. I don't know why he is struggling but he is.
Here is a very good analysis on yesterdays match with an opinion on Kompany.
There’s an interesting analysis at zonalmarking:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/</a>

It seems very astute to me. Too harsh on Vince? Discuss.

eversince 76 said:
Said months ago that Kompany has been known to be vulnerable of doing "A Kompany", meaning -in Belgium at least- he has a moment of arrogance or lack of concentration that leads to a mistake of the caliber that doesn't suit him for the terrific defender.

Well, maybe yesterday Kompany was suffering an injury but than he should not have played. He defended poorly for the 1st goal, yet not his fault as Hart was covering Vinny's back. He let go Skrtel for the 2nd and we all know what he did for the 3rd ... a clear exemple of doing "A Kompany".

The man is a fantastic player and I can easily cope with the mistakes he makes (Villa away, 1st few seconds of the derby at home, Fulham away to name a few). He's a leader of the team, and in personal a friendly and clebver guy. But he is not a worldclass defender.

He didn't let Skrtel go. Skrtel was backing into him, Vinny gave him a bit of a push. Normally that type of push would have moved Skrtel into a less dangerous position. Yesterday he propelled Skrtel into the perfect place to get the header in. It was a misjudgement but 9 times out 10 the push would have reduced the danger from Skrtel. If the same situation arises the next time we play Liverpool he should do exactly the same thing.

GX Blue said:
Its really annoying reading some of these silly stupid comments. The guy who made a topic about some of our fans being shit is bang on.

Vinny is the best CB we've ever had and possibly in world football too. Week in week out he is class.

A CB is like a keeper in respect that any error is remembered and can be costly. It wasn’t Vinnys best day yesterday, maybe his worst game in years, but to slate him the way some of you are is just a joke.

Hes a fantastic leader, captain and defender. Any club in the world would want him. We are so lucky to have him.

Fuckin bang on GX.
Some of the pricks on this thread need a slap

stonerblue said:
GX Blue said:
Its really annoying reading some of these silly stupid comments. The guy who made a topic about some of our fans being shit is bang on.

Vinny is the best CB we've ever had and possibly in world football too. Week in week out he is class.

A CB is like a keeper in respect that any error is remembered and can be costly. It wasn’t Vinnys best day yesterday, maybe his worst game in years, but to slate him the way some of you are is just a joke.

Hes a fantastic leader, captain and defender. Any club in the world would want him. We are so lucky to have him.

Fuckin bang on GX.
Some of the pricks on this thread need a slap
Here here.....PUT YOUR LEFT LEG IN...LEFT LEG OUT..IN..OUT..YOU SHAKE IT IT ALL ABOUT,YOU DO THE VINCENT KOMPANY AND YOU TURN AROUND AND THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.....OHHHHHHHH VINCENT KOMPANY ....OHHHHH VINCENT KOMPANY....OHHHHHH VINCENT KOMPANY,AND THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT

Re: Kompany [Probably Not] Injured

cityok said:
rickmcfc said:
kippaxblue76 said:

Yes. Don't forget the fucking 7. Christ they will never let it go of you don't!

well that's my windows coming in later then
^^^ Mystic Meg.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 pm --<br /><br />
celf said:
oakiecokie said:
celf said:
really positive line up from the dippers….3 forwards to our 1 …… simply have to win this midfield battle to cut off their supply,should do with the numbers in there…cmon city……good news VK is fit….now lets do this

No thats not true.Silva has been playing just behind the front man for weeks now.

but he's not a forward or a goalscorer
^^^ Not Mystic Meg.

No footballer is infallible, they all make mistakes, even Messi and Ronaldo. Yesterday Kompany made mistakes, unfortunately he made 3 which lead, to one degree or another, to 3 goals being scored. What people seem to be glossing over here is that Kompany was quite clearly not at his physical peak yesterday. His knee was obviously injured, and I'd be very surprised if he didn't have some form of painkilling/anti-inflammatory injection in it before the game. This I'm sure will have had some bearing on his manoeuvrability for the Sterling goal, as well as his balance and body shape for the Coutinho goal. As for the Skrtel one, I just think he made an error of judgement for that one, and simply lost his man at a crucial moment.

None of this should take away from the fact that Vincent Kompany is one of the best centre halves in world football. There are few, if any, who you would rank alongside him.

irishben said:
hes made one or two big mistakes but hes made much more vital challenges etc , still one of the best CB in the world

Me made 3 big mistakes yesterday. He was one of the best CBs 2 years ago.

Must be a few reds on here on the wum..I suppose they must be bored with fcuk all to play for.

Maybe Vincent would have been better shitting out and going on the bench with a few other of the wasters that we have but then again when you are a warrior and a man of his calibre unfortunately it is not an option.

Still one of the best Centre Halfs in the world and a great man,I am so proud to have a player like him at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.