Kompany return date?

I don't think the purpose, taking Rooney as the obvious example, is to get the referee to reverse a decision but to influence the next one. Where he is not sure exactly what has happened, a referee will be inclined to take the path of least resistance and that is why the rags have become past masters at referee intimidation. The rule about only the captain being allowed to harass, sorry, talk to, the referee is a result of shameful hounding of the referee such as the Andy d'Urso incident at OT. So, in that respect, it helps clubs of that ilk if their captain is able to follow the referee around the field abusing him. Obviously, a keeper cannot do that. Whether we want to be such a shit house club is a different matter.

I never did understand the Andy d'Urso situation, he wasn't refereeing on a Sunday morning, with a load of pissed up thugs from the Dog & Duck getting in his face, it was a Premier League game wit professional footballers. They can shout and confront him as much as they want, they're NEVER going to give him a smack, so what's he so scared about. Let Jaap Stam and Roy Keane yell and froth at the mouth, then book them and carry on with the game. There's no reason to feel intimidated by players in that situation during a Premier League match.

I never did understand the Andy d'Urso situation, he wasn't refereeing on a Sunday morning, with a load of pissed up thugs from the Dog & Duck getting in his face, it was a Premier League game wit professional footballers. They can shout and confront him as much as they want, they're NEVER going to give him a smack, so what's he so scared about. Let Jaap Stam and Roy Keane yell and froth at the mouth, then book them and carry on with the game. There's no reason to feel intimidated by players in that situation during a Premier League match.

No, it was the Red Lion instead....

I don't think the purpose, taking Rooney as the obvious example, is to get the referee to reverse a decision but to influence the next one. Where he is not sure exactly what has happened, a referee will be inclined to take the path of least resistance and that is why the rags have become past masters at referee intimidation. The rule about only the captain being allowed to harass, sorry, talk to, the referee is a result of shameful hounding of the referee such as the Andy d'Urso incident at OT. So, in that respect, it helps clubs of that ilk if their captain is able to follow the referee around the field abusing him. Obviously, a keeper cannot do that. Whether we want to be such a shit house club is a different matter.

Exactly right. And the other 'benefit' of hounding referees and generally feigning very visible indignation and disbelief at his decisions, is that it stokes the crowd up, whose howls of protest are then hard for any weak willed officials to resist

Exactly right. And the other 'benefit' of hounding referees and generally feigning very visible indignation and disbelief at his decisions, is that it stokes the crowd up, whose howls of protest are then hard for any weak willed officials to resist
You will be suggesting next that refs gave decisions in favour of the rags not because this 'hounding' but because it was always the right decision

vk%20betsafe.ashx

Season 2015/16
  • 26 January 2016 13:43
  • Posted by @markbooth_mcfc
City’s injury list remains unchanged for Wednesday night’s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg against Everton.
That means Wilfried Bony, Aleksandar Kolarov, Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala and Samir Nasri will all miss the last four clash.

Manuel Pellegrini gave updates on the lay-offs in his pre-match press conference at City Football Academy on Tuesday afternoon.

The City boss revealed: “The injury situation is exactly the same. Mangala, Kompany, Kolarov, Bony and Nasri are out.

“I don’t think Vincent will be out for six weeks – he will return in a couple of weeks. As I said in the last press conference, it’s very important how he improves in the next weeks.

“Be sure we are doing all we can to review Vincent in different places with different doctors. I hope that know, for him also as he’s very sad not to play, I hope that now when he comes back he will be fit until the end of the season.”

Now I feel more optimistic. Because it was on the Club website not from any old journalist. Just saying!!

Can you imagine City lifting the CL trophy for the first time in history (next season??) and it would be without Kompany??

Kompany HAS to be there for that moment and he needs to lift that trophy first as skipper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.