Kompany return date?

I know all that, (apart from the bit where you say you're not surprised we're preparing for life without Kompany as captain - that's got no basis whatsoever) my point was more to do with why you feel the need to post the same thing everytime a Kompany injury update appears. It's not new information, just a need to repeat yourself.

Just like we started preparing for life without MP sometime ago it would be foolhardy not to have a plan after VK in place should he not return to full fitness again as any well run club would have.

I don't always agree with Billy Shears but I do concur with his sentiment that we will be replacing some stalwarts at this club of the summer and the following transfer window window or two.

Its only natural and while its for many done with a touch of sadness its inevitable that these players will leave the club and Vinny may well be one of them.

When you have missed as many games as Vinny has and lets face it it's nailed on even when he recovers from his latest setback he will miss many games again the call on his future at the club and the role he plays at the club has to be made sooner rather then later.

A captain that can only be available for half of the season's games is not what we can afford going forward.

He is probably the type of individual that puts the club ahead of himself anyway so having the captaincy given to someone else will not impact on him nearly as much as some are thinking.

He knows he won't be holding the chumps league trophy as captain and the owners have the desire now to engage a manager and a group of players that are capable of doing so.

There is a place for sentiment and having the runs on the board in the past to give you some leeway into the future but the league is getting tougher each year now especially with the spread of money available to all clubs and Leicester won't be a one off and you need as many players who have the body type and speed and fitness to play week in and week out at your club as possible.

I was kidding (and that was a 6 Million Dollar Man quote). Said it before, I would not be surprised if Vinny does not come back at all this season or immediately gets injured again when he does. He needs a proper rest I think, no more rushing back to play games for Belgium but I think you are right, he will play for Belgium and then get fucked again.

Pretty sure he will never come back as the player he once was. We really need to look for a longterm replacement NOW.
Stop flapping ya big Jessie he has got a strain he's not done his knee ligaments .some people have no belief he'll be back and has got lots of football on him yet.

Balo had it right with that why always me shit.
Fuck me, i feel like we havent cauht a single break since 2008.
but even with shit refs, ffp, injuries, constant shit, we stil are he best team in england. Vinny is a legend, but i feel he will go down next to players like van basten, big ronaldo, kaka and torres. Great players, legends even, but still could have been so much more. Still, with or without him, we will survive. We always do. And then some. CTID

The continued inference on this forum that Vincent only gives a fuck about Belgium is complete fucking bollocks. I can't think of one player who has spoken more highly and eloquently about our club, our fans and Manchester than he has, and yet because he played a game for his country when we (understandably) didn't want him to but Belgium insisted, then the myth is now perpetuated on here that he only wants to play for Belgium. Scandalous, pathetic, meany-mouthed fucking bollocks

Amen brother.
Plenty of consultant surgeon opinions based on know nowt.
It's a soft tissue repetetive strain injury. Obviously a complicated one but they can be fixed.
Although plans would have to be made should there be a danger of no recovery, nothing has intimated that at all. To do so would be conjecture based on title tattle and little fact.
Can't we wait and see what the club decide before hanging our captain out to dry you fickle Fuckers.

The instinct to defend a player who has served us magnificently is understandable, but there has been more than one occasion when there has been a 'club v country' row regarding VK and the player does seem to take a risk if it means playing for Belgium. It inevitably irritates people on this forum, because the vast majority will not give a fuck about Belgium, but care desperately about MCFC. If there is even the slightest suspicion that he is 'taking a risk' in the Euro's this Summer when he has been out most of the season for City, I don't think there will be any coming back from it, particularly if we end up 'plotless' this season. The fact is that he needs replacing and soon. He's a City legend - up there with Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc, but we can't continue like this. Replacing him with someone anywhere near as accomplished however is another matter.

The continued inference on this forum that Vincent only gives a fuck about Belgium is complete fucking bollocks. I can't think of one player who has spoken more highly and eloquently about our club, our fans and Manchester than he has, and yet because he played a game for his country when we (understandably) didn't want him to but Belgium insisted, then the myth is now perpetuated on here that he only wants to play for Belgium. Scandalous, pathetic, meany-mouthed fucking bollocks
It's crept in gradually and now is written as fact by the same few time and time again. It is of course a load of bollocks.

Well said

I'm still at the point I think Kompany will return end of February when things really matter. And as for now he and the medical staff take their time to investigate where the problem keeps coming from and how to precaution it. Kompany is one of a few I reckon will finish his career at City.

Just like we started preparing for life without MP sometime ago it would be foolhardy not to have a plan after VK in place should he not return to full fitness again as any well run club would have.

I don't always agree with Billy Shears but I do concur with his sentiment that we will be replacing some stalwarts at this club of the summer and the following transfer window window or two.

Its only natural and while its for many done with a touch of sadness its inevitable that these players will leave the club and Vinny may well be one of them.

When you have missed as many games as Vinny has and lets face it it's nailed on even when he recovers from his latest setback he will miss many games again the call on his future at the club and the role he plays at the club has to be made sooner rather then later.

A captain that can only be available for half of the season's games is not what we can afford going forward.

He is probably the type of individual that puts the club ahead of himself anyway so having the captaincy given to someone else will not impact on him nearly as much as some are thinking.

He knows he won't be holding the chumps league trophy as captain and the owners have the desire now to engage a manager and a group of players that are capable of doing so.

There is a place for sentiment and having the runs on the board in the past to give you some leeway into the future but the league is getting tougher each year now especially with the spread of money available to all clubs and Leicester won't be a one off and you need as many players who have the body type and speed and fitness to play week in and week out at your club as possible.
You see, I don't agree with any of that. I'd be willing to give Vinny every chance to get fit again and if that meant him not playing again this season and having more or less 8 months recovery then so be it.
The problem I have with people saying certain players times are up is I think it's premature by at least 2 years. There's been talk of Vinny, Silva and Zabaletta all being surplus to requirements and I don't think they're even close.
I'd expect Yaya, Nasri, and Kolorov to be amongst those who could leave in the summer and if we are looking at a young right back then Sagna would make way for me.

None of that is sentiment but ability based.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.