Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

I don't quite understand all the 'I can't believe this' stuff. He plays a very good brand of football and appears to have a good relationship with his players. Give him better players and a bigger budget and I can see him doing well. Good on Bayern if they go for him as I think it could turn out well.

I don't quite understand all the 'I can't believe this' stuff. He plays a very good brand of football and appears to have a good relationship with his players. Give him better players and a bigger budget and I can see him doing well. Good on Bayern if they go for him as I think it could turn out well.
It’s pretty obvious.

If McKenna stays and relegates Ipswich then gets the rag job this time next year, is that a wise appointment?

All I’d do if that happened is point and laugh.

I hear all the Pep disciples stuff, but the raw fact is a club the size of Bayern are looking to appoint a manager who relegated a club at the first attempt. Take away the blue spectacles and it’s as bizarre an appointment as it gets.

To be honest for a club like Bayern the fans and even the management will always turn on coaches when results aren’t there. Many including myself thought Nagelsmann was “the One” considering his accomplishments at the time and record transfer fee paid for him but history tells us otherwise. He was sacked while on vacation.

I want to remain cautiously optimistic because it sounds like management really want a new direction now versus just bringing in someone to hold the fort till something better comes along. The Bayern squad is in need of a shake up and new sporting directors and a new coach is a good place to start that process.
If there’s one thing that Vinnie has experience of, it’s shaking up a squad.

It didn't work at Anderlecht which is a fair sized club. Bayern players could easily do what have you won as a manager routine when it goes tits up. Look what happened with Tuchel.
Tuchel has won the biggest prize going. He's way more experienced too. I think something else happened with Tuchel. More like tactical failures, combined with bad luck, and probably coming in at a poor moment where Bayern should have stuck and not twisted. But he would have been taken seriously by the players, for sure.

Tuchel has won the biggest prize going. He's way more experienced too. I think something else happened with Tuchel. More like tactical failures, combined with bad luck, and probably coming in at a poor moment where Bayern should have stuck and not twisted. But he would have been taken seriously by the players, for sure.
This where Vinny's lack of mangerial experience (at a higher profile club) will go against him.

Revived Anderlecht bit. If he did win Anderlecht the Belgium League in his first season then it would have been more of a revival. One of my favourite City players but he just doesn't cut the mustard for me as a manager. This is one of the strangest moves Bayern have made in their recent history.
They became a better team and started to climb the table from the poor position they were in up to his arrival. How is that not reviving them?

Arteta has revived Arsenal. Doesn't mean they've won anything. Glasner has revived Crystal Palace, doesn't mean they've won anything. Pochettino is considered to have revived Chelsea by the end of the season, doesn't mean they've won anything.

VK doesn't have a magic wand, to suddenly make a failing team into champions before their time. Bayern aren't failing as bad as Anderlecht were though, and they definitely aren't doing as poor as Burnley were. Where you start the job at, determines what is possible during your reign and how long it might take to get there.

^This is what people don't seem to get about the Burnley job, and it seems like you don't get that about the Anderlecht job in this case.

They became a better team and started to climb the table from the poor position they were in up to his arrival. How is that not reviving them?

Arteta has revived Arsenal. Doesn't mean they've won anything. Glasner has revived Crystal Palace, doesn't mean they've won anything. Pochettino is considered to have revived Chelsea by the end of the season, doesn't mean they've won anything.

VK doesn't have a magic wand, to suddenly make a failing team into champions before their time. Bayern aren't failing as bad as Anderlecht were though, and they definitely aren't doing as poor as Burnley were. Where you start the job at, determines what is possible during your reign and how long it might take to get there.

^This is what people don't seem to get about the Burnley job, and it seems like you don't get that about the Anderlecht job in this case.
An inexperienced coach is not what Bayern really wants right now. Their Sporting Director, who wants VK was the one at RB Leipzig last Summer where we had to negotiate with someone higher up than him to get the Josko Gvardiol transfer over the line. Another of our old "mates" Uli Hoeness wants someone other than Vincent Kompany

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.