Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

To be fair, I don't think many on here are questioning his decision to take the job, if that is indeed what happens. It's one of the biggest management jobs in football; of course he'll take it. It's more questioning Bayern's decision to offer him the job.

I think they're looking at the impact Arteta and Alonso have made, and want something similar. Pep is the best coach in the world, everyone wants the next Pep, so players who have gone into coaching who have played under him are going to be targeted.

@BayernMan How are Bayern fans reacting to these reports?

There is cautious optimism among some fans and frustration that the manager search has led to this which I fully understand.

My personal opinion is that I will trust this new leadership from the new sporting directors Eberl and Freund before making judgements. Also the fact Kompany speaks good German is a plus.

There is cautious optimism among some fans and frustration that the manager search has led to this which I fully understand.

My personal opinion is that I will trust this new leadership from the new sporting directors Eberl and Freund before making judgements. Also the fact Kompany speaks good German is a plus.
Cheers. I was talking to the missus about it (Swiss-German, with many family members in Germany, including around Munich), and she generally agreed with my concerns regarding how this could work out for Vinny, but the broader conversation made me curious how Bayern fans were reacting to their club pursing a manager with very strong ties to a club most of the fans (and certainly the club) generally view quite unfavourably.

Cheers. I was talking to the missus about it (Swiss-German, with many family members in Germany, including around Munich), and she generally agreed with my concerns regarding how this could work out for Vinny, but the broader conversation made me curious how Bayern fans were reacting to their club pursing a manager with very strong ties to a club most of the fans (and certainly the club) generally view quite unfavourably.

In my opinion the fact that he speaks German and has a history in the Bundesliga has overshadowed those conversations. Also since this coaching search has been such a spectacle the fact that Kompany is a Man City favorite has kind of been lost in the conversation. However, I’m sure if results look poor someone will bring it up.

In my opinion the fact that he speaks German and has a history in the Bundesliga has overshadowed those conversations. Also since this coaching search has been such a spectacle the fact that Kompany is a Man City favorite has kind of been lost in the conversation. However, I’m sure if results look poor someone will bring it up.
It is a quite interesting situation and dynamic.

I do worry that Vinny’s ties to City will see Bayern fans turn on him faster than they would with another manager if things aren’t initially going as hoped.

It is a quite interesting situation and dynamic.

I do worry that Vinny’s ties to City will see Bayern fans turn on him faster than they would with another manager if things aren’t initially going as hoped.

To be honest for a club like Bayern the fans and even the management will always turn on coaches when results aren’t there. Many including myself thought Nagelsmann was “the One” considering his accomplishments at the time and record transfer fee paid for him but history tells us otherwise. He was sacked while on vacation.

I want to remain cautiously optimistic because it sounds like management really want a new direction now versus just bringing in someone to hold the fort till something better comes along. The Bayern squad is in need of a shake up and new sporting directors and a new coach is a good place to start that process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.