Kompany slams journo

City Raider

I think he's having a pop at Mark Ogden?

Skipper Vincent Kompany launched a fierce post-match broadside at those claiming mutiny is in the air at City.

Moments after the Blues earned a fourth successive, three-point domestic haul and stretched their unbeaten Barclays Premier League sequence at home to 34 outings, the Belgian didn’t mince his words.

“It’s funny,” he said. I don’t like to get involved in this, but sometimes I do question the integrity of a journalist who would write this. Based on what information does the guy come out with this?

“I never have a problem with performances being tagged down or up. People have the right to have opinions about that, but the stories are based on things that I can’t even relate to, and I am in this team.

“I can only say I would put in doubt the integrity of any journalist who comes out with this. As much as I set out in my career to be the best footballer, I would expect journalists to want to tell the truth, and do the job for that reason.

It is sensationalism, nothing more.

The forthright central defender promised Blues fans that newspaper tittle-tattle and general gossip will not derail the reigning champions from their quest to repeat last May’s historic title triumph.

“I would expect the whole team to be very mature and just kick on from here,” he declared after Carlos Tevez’ goal saw off Swansea.

“Whatever criticism we are getting now, we are unbeaten in the league and in the top three. It just means we set the standard very high last season, I guess.

“I have been at City four and a half years now and can’t say I have had many moments where we have had the whole country singing our praises.

“We are not expecting it and I guess the most important thing is doing what we have to do in the league, and are trying to get better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and like any team you just have to keep going.

“The more you climb up the ladder, the more you have to deal with these situations.

“By being patient and keeping on doing what you did to get the success in the first place, you will get there again.

“Last season, everybody said we had a great season, but we had moments like we had on Saturday. I would even say we didn’t pick up many points in those moments.

“It’s part of the game, and I accept that part of the game – I just wonder where the integrity of some journalists stand when they come out with stories with no foundation whatsoever.”

Re: Kompany slams the media

He's right in what he says. The media have given us shit from day dot and it hasn't halted our progress in any way at all. They can give us all the shit they want and if it means we continue to win and progress they can all carry on doing it. We know the truth, the players know the truth, intelligent people around the country of all clubs will know the truth - that's all that matters.

Also, yes, the last time we put in a performance like Saturday was against Sunderland last season and we only drew that game.

It would be even better if he named specific journalists and called them out on specific article content, see if these twats have the balls to reply then.

Great leader!

At the end of the day, we all knew last season when we won the prem that everyone would be after us this season!

pfazz said:
It would be even better if he named specific journalists and called them out on specific article content, see if these twats have the balls to reply then.

I was thinking the same, but in fairness to VK he genuinely is a class apart and I don't think would stoop to victimisation and name-calling. He's big enough to get his point across and not get involved with calling someone out, which to an extent is what these vultures want for their own personal profiles.

VK has said his piece and has moved on to focus on more the important task at hand. Class act

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.