Votes: 52 11.1%
  • David Silva

Votes: 34 7.3%
  • Sergio Aguero

Votes: 160 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Bluemoon Player of the Year 2011/12

Agree completely with the options. It's a toughie, I think I'll go with Yaya as I think he was the biggest miss when he was out. Probably not the most consistent but the most necessary.

What a choice, not been this tough since Dicky, SuperKev and Tony Vaughan!

The best defensive trio in the league or an attacking three that would have walked into any Premier League side. I would have added GazBaz too but then I suppose there could have been 10 or more.

5 of these 6 will probably considered by most to be individually best in their position for the whole league. VK and Joleon were a pairing that complemented each other superbly, each have faults and had their moments but together were fantastic. Joe and Yaya were at the top of their games in most games and each won points and games with individual performances. Sergio will undoubtedly never be forgotten for his goals and that goal but I have plumped for David Silva.

Silva represents everything about the new City, a team that will keep the ball and beat you with skill and ability, a team that wants to keep the ball and plays without fear of their opponents and a team that fights to win the ball back. For me his start to the season blew away many fears and misconceptions and heaped praise on our team. It meant our opponents had to think about how we were going to play. Goals come from magic moments and he provided many. He was the focus of attention for opposition defences all season and took the kicks and knocks for the team allowing our other players to create havoc as well.

There are not many who can claim to be champion of the world and champion of England. He is my champion too.

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to forget Vinny for his last-minute slip up in the Community Shield! I'm not being completely serious, before you start criticisng me or calling me a rag!

Even though his performances in the latter stages of the season didn't match up to his magical displays until around January, it has to be the Mago David Silva for me.

Sergio.
Vincent was awesome, Yaya too, but 30 goals in your first season and the goal that won the premier league.....wow!

Voted for Serio but cannot understand why the list does not include Gareth Barry??? (or indeed all the players so posters can make a proper choice)

The polls on here only allow you to give a maximum of ten options, but I should really have added the likes of Barry and Clichy to fill out the ten. It was an oversight on my behalf. Unfortunately if I add them in subsequently it will reset the other votes to 0.

My vote goes to Gareth Barry.

JOE HART
Hart has improved incredibly this season, winning us points in away games when we were seriously under pressure from teams like Villa and Wigan in the final stages. His distribution has also developed an exciting variety, ranging from punting it long to Dzeko or rolling it short to Kompany and Lescott. He's earned the Golden Glove deservedly after keeping the most clean sheets, and he even showed great determination to get on to a header that nearly sent us through in the Europa League. A great season overal capped off with a trip to Ukraine & Poland.

Moment of the season: His save against Aston Villa to win us the game deep into injury time.

Season rating: 8

--
VINCENT KOMPANY
Kompany took a few weeks to fully get going but when he did he showed real leadership qualities that will never be forgotten. After the Arsenal game, you could see it in his face that he wanted to win it for the fans and for the players more than he wanted to win it for himself. Since then he's powered through the United defence to head in a goal that put us back on top of the pile and then ended up being the player furthest forward when Aguero hammered hom to win us the title, dragging three defenders away to clear Aguero's path to goal. All while being consistent.

Moment of the season: Heading home David Silva's corner against United and running away celebrating like he'd just lost his virginity to the hottest girl in school without getting her pregnant.

Season rating: 9

--
DAVID SILVA
David Silva is probably the best forward thinking player we've had at the club for some time. Even when the chips are down he can produce passes like the delicate, defence splitting one against Spurs, or pop up in front of goal to tap in a winner like his goal against Arsenal. On top of that his vision and strength have really improved this season. Silva did have a bit of a dip in form just after the New Year but once he had a rest he was back to his normal self. I've never been so interested in watching a player off the ball like I am with Silva. His off-the-ball movement has scared defences and pulled them apart all season. Even his corners are improving.

Moment of the season: Swinging in two important corners in the last two home games of the season to help us to the title.

Season rating: 8

--
SERGIO AGUERO
But from the nominations available my winner is Sergio Aguero. It didn't even take him a while to settle in. From the get-go he was dangerous, cool, class and lethal. To score a hat-trick in just your fourth game of English football is honestly the showings of a world-class player. He scored 7 goals in the last 10 games including the title winning goal that will live long in the memory. He's merely scratched the surface of what he's capable of, and that thought should scare many defences around the world. One thing I would say is that sometimes he misses chances I could score, but he is so cool and calm in moments where I'd shit my pants.

Moment of the season: Hammering home the winner against QPR in stoppage time to win the title.

Season rating: 9.5

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.