Kun Aguero

pudge said:
Ntini77 said:
He hasn't scored away in the Prem since the 1-6 demolition way back in October last year. Concerning.
Well the entire team has only manage to score 7 away goals since then

I think?

Good point...how many have Mario and Dzeko scored away since then too? Not many.

LoveCity said:
Problem isn't so much the forwards but the service away from home. What can Aguero or any of the other strikers do when our midfielders take the same predictable route towards goal that teams have sussed out?

More generally, I think this is an important point too.

We have failed to score enough goals since October and obviously our strikers must carry part of this burden. However, the midfielders/creators must also ask themselves if they're doing enough. The answer is no. We've created relatively few clear chances in the 720 minutes since the QPR.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
pudge said:
Ntini77 said:
He hasn't scored away in the Prem since the 1-6 demolition way back in October last year. Concerning.
Well the entire team has only manage to score 7 away goals since then

I think?

Good point...how many have Mario and Dzeko scored away since then too? Not many.
1 and 2 respectively

he doesn't have the presence of Carlos.

It's not a criticism, it just makes it more difficult when we play through the middle, as Carlos was always good at bullying defenders and shrugging them off, Kun's much more a put me through or get it out wide and fire it in for me kind of striker, I think Carlos would have been better away for us this season because of that, shame he fucked it up, hope he can do a job now he's back.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

It's not a criticism, it just makes it more difficult when we play through the middle, as Carlos was always good at bullying defenders and shrugging them off, Kun's much more a put me through or get it out wide and fire it in for me kind of striker.

Tevez is a unique. I think that the more Ageuro gets used to the Prem the better he will adapt to the physical side of the game.

Funnily enough, I think he would have benefited from working with Tevez, not neccessarily on the pitch but in training to make him more street-wise about the Prem.

In a year's time Aguero will have a bit more bite and presence about him.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

It's not a criticism, it just makes it more difficult when we play through the middle, as Carlos was always good at bullying defenders and shrugging them off, Kun's much more a put me through or get it out wide and fire it in for me kind of striker, I think Carlos would have been better away for us this season because of that, shame he fucked it up, hope he can do a job now he's back.
Agreed

Aguero's graft has got us to this point. He does so much more off of the ball that armchair fans can't see. He consistently stretches the backline, pulls defenders out of place. He creates more space than any other player on the field bar Y. Toure.

Carlos is very much a bulldog. Together they would be quite a tandem. Especially with a midfield as balanced as ours. With Argentina their issue wasn't so much their partnership but the 8 other field players and the tactics employed by Maradona.

alky313 said:
Aguero's graft has got us to this point. He does so much more off of the ball that armchair fans can't see. He consistently stretches the backline, pulls defenders out of place. He creates more space than any other player on the field bar Y. Toure.

Carlos is very much a bulldog. Together they would be quite a tandem. Especially with a midfield as balanced as ours. With Argentina their issue wasn't so much their partnership but the 8 other field players and the tactics employed by Maradona.

This, his workrate off the ball, along with Yaya and Silva is something you only appreciate by being at the game. He will be even better in his second season, just like Yaya and Silva have been.

All in all hes a a fantastic first season and will only improve,he has been off the boil lately but hes not the only one,hes got a big part to play in these remaining games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.