Kwadwo Poku

1) It was not his assist which appears in the gif, but the centre back's, if I remember well (he's even in the centre of the gif with no. 88)
2) However, he was fantastic in that game, I wonder how he's not played even in MLS, considering his skillset; and the comparison with Yaya is not totally bollocks, his dribbling and vision actually reminded me of him. If he can deliver this level in the league on a regular basis, then we'll see him very early in Europe me thinks.

Hungarian blue said:
1) It was not his assist which appears in the gif, but the centre back's, if I remember well
2) However, he was fantastic in that game, I wonder how he's not played even in MLS, considering his skillset; and the comparison with Yaya is not totally bollocks, his dribbling and vision actually reminded me of him. If he can deliver this level in the league on a regular basis, then we'll see him very early in Europe me thinks.

Of course but Poku has a few years catching up. Yaya had been playing in Europe since he was 18.

Ray78 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Interesting that we have given trials to numerous Ghanaians only for them to flop spectacularly.....NY find one and he's deemed the next fucking Toure!

At least,if he lives up to the billing........ he wont be being transferred anywhere else ;-))

Arsenal rejected Yaya when he was playing for one of their feeder clubs and he was younger than Poku.

It was intended as tongue in cheek.....

I remember Yaya playing for Olympiacos at 21/22 and that was when he started to make waves.Our trialists have all been kids,perhaps one of them will one day make good also.

Poku - One to watch on Sunday.

He looks very promising and it will be interesting to see how he develops over the next two seasons.

Maybe he will develop enough to be considered by us in the future. From what I saw on Tuesday he has all the raw ingredients to be a more than decent player.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/02/13/yaya-and-poku-chatmov#ooid=hrbG9jczqdg6o6sd-0exY6GyokAKig2K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/02/13/ya ... GyokAKig2K</a>

Can someone embed?i haven't got a clue how.

FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:
Reminded me a lot of Yaya on Tuesday.

Did the opposition make him look better? or do you think he has a genuine quality?
Hard to tell in 45 minutes really. But he has impressive speed and size. Showed good skills as well on a few occasions to get himself out of trouble.

Biggest similarity for me was a willingness to use physical assets to break lines and get forward.

Look forward to seeing more on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.